Chapter 17

"Where the hell were you, Bella!?" Hunter shouted. I flinched because I have never heard him yell as loud as he did ever.

"My friend took- Well more like dragged me to the airport."

"For what?"

"That is none of your concern."

"Well, I know why anyways." He turned on a tv that was just installed in his office. The news was on and there I was holding hands with Mr. Carter staring into his eyes.

I barely knew the guy, what girl does that?  A desperate one.

"Mr. King, I'm sorry I just-"

"No need to explain Bella. I have no relation to you. You have no relation to me. You are just my assistant. Nothing more nothing less." He turned the TV off and sat down at his desk. He tossed the remote on his desks then picked up a stack of files.

"Now, I need you to go find these people in the building and fire them." He handed me the stack of files. I opened one and it was a janitor.

I closed the file and looked at him. "Mr. King I can't fire anyone. I've never fired anyone in my entire life."

"If you can't do it then just send them up here, and then you'll hear them get yelled at and fired by me." I decided to just fire themselves in a nicer way. I feel so bad for these people. They must have families they need to take care of and here I am firing them. The first person. Scott Evans floor 2, part of finances.

"Um, I am looking for Scott Evans," I said to a person on the second floor. She pointed to a younger guy sitting at his desk spinning around. I walked over to him and cleared my throat.

"Hi," he stopped spinning and looked at me. He looked me up and down and then back up to my eyes.

"Hey, you're Mr. King's hot assistant right?" He asked.

"I wouldn't say that but yeah. I am here because I am so sorry...You're fired."

"What?" He asked and sat up in his chair.

"I'm so sorry this was not my decision. It was just a job he had me do."

"So those are all the people your firing?" He pointed to the large stack of files in my hand. I nodded.

"Do you know why?" I shook my head.

"You could go up and ask him but he isn't exactly in the best mood right now."

"It's fine. I understand. I'd rather be fired by you anyways. I'll pack up my things and go." He stood up and took out an empty box under his desk. He started putting the personal things in his desk in the box. I sighed and walked away. 1 down 99 more to go I hope that is it.

...

"I finished," I said as I sat the files in his desk. He didn't even look up at me.

"Good they are all gone?"

"Yeah, a few people are just packing their stuff. Some of them have families you know."

"Well, they should have thought about that before they started going against me. That was only a fraction of the people."

"Mr. King you are going to have no workers if this keeps up."

"I am aware which is why I need you to find replacements for everyone you fired. Now off you go. You have work to do." He waved his hand not even taking another glance at me. I walked out of his office and to my desk right outside.

I started going through files of people who did apply for jobs but didn't get the job. Some of the people didn't need a job or want a job anymore. But in a few shorts hours, I replaced 10 people so far.

"Bella goes eat you haven't eaten all day," Hunter said over the intercom.

"I need to get this done then I'll go eat," I said as I dialed the next number.

"You have been doing that for hours. Go. Eat."

"Mr. King I'm not even hungry."

"You will go and eat now."

"No." I heard him hit his desk and then the door swung open.

"Miss Amore. I am telling you to do something. So go do it. Eat, you need to eat."

"And I am telling you no. I don't want to eat so why don't you go back to your office and be grumpy."

"I am not grumpy."

"Oh really so your face doesn't say grumpy right now?"

"It doesn't. You are testing my patience, Bella."

"Was this a bad time?" A voiced asked. Hunter and I both turned to the person.

"Carter get out. Why the hell did security let you in?"

"I said I was Bella's brother. They let me in no problem. You should probably be asking them questions, and updating them on how I look." He explained. "Anyways I brought lunch for my lovely Bella." I walked over to him.

"Thank you for lunch but I am not hungry."

"You should eat Amore. You might get sick if you don't eat. Plus it seems Mr. King is working you hard." He looked over at the large stacks of paper on my desk.

"Yeah. I guess I should eat." I heard a door slam shut. I turned and saw the doors to Hunter's office closed.

"What's his problem?" Mr. Carter asked. I shrugged.

"I have no clue."

...

"Hey office buddy" Tyler greeted. Mr. Carter had left a few hours ago.

(A/N I know there are two Tyler's and I am sorry if it confusing.)

"Hi Ty"

"How's it going up there. You know the top floor."

"Boss was grumpy I called in sick yesterday, and he went on a firing spree. I was hoping I didn't see your name and luckily I didn't. Then Mr. Carter came and brought me lunch."

"The Tyler Carter. The second richest man alive?"

"Yes, whose else would it be?"

"Tyler Carter impersonator?"

"There are people who did that?"

"Um yes." I laughed.

"Well, I have a pizza date with my friend in an hour. Bye Ty."

"Bye Bella" He waved and walked in the opposite direction as me.

•Edited•