Chapter 14

"I am on the last dress Mr. King. If we- you can't decide then we are gonna have to choose one of them. We don't have much time."

"I have a feeling the one is coming." He said as I walked back into the dressing room. The second red dress was ugly Hunter and I both agreed on that. The last one is a black dress. A little long but I can deal with it I guess

 A little long but I can deal with it I guess

"Ok, this is the last one." I stepped out of the dressing room. Hunter looked up from his phone and stared at me.

"You look... Beautiful. We'll have this one," Hunter commanded

"Now shoes." He called out to Laura who was already struggling to hang up some of the other dresses. We walked to the back where the shoes were kept and we found some gorgeous sleek black heels.

"We have everything so go change we have to be there in 30 minutes." Hunter shoved everything in my hands as soon as he paid and pushed me back to the dressing rooms.  I quickly changed and put my other clothes in a bag.

"Ready in there?" Hunter asked and knocked on my door. I opened the door. Hunter must've changed because he was wearing a suit with a maroon tie to match with my dress.

"Ready." I breathed out and patted down my dress a bit.

"You look great. Let's go. Corey is waiting to take us." I nodded and we left. He said bye to Laura before we left. She was such a nice lady. Too bad she had to be friends with him.

When we got in the car, Corey drove off right away. We got to the event right on time.

"Keep your head down and don't trip over anything. If you do that will be on the headline of every magazine. Well, it will have my name but you'll be in the picture." Hunter informed before he opened the limo door and stepped out. I got out right behind him and together we walked down the red carpet. Flashing lights everywhere. Questions being throw out everywhere.

Mr. King, who is the lucky lady?

Mr. King are you dating her?

Who is she to you?

Are you still dating Loren Jones?

We walked past everyone and right into the building. As soon as the doors closed behind us, everything seemed so much calmer.

"That wasn't that bad," Hunter commented and straightened his suit out a little.

"Wasn't that bad?? That was horrible. How do people live with flashing lights right up in their faces? I'm surprised people don't go blind."

"We get used to it. It'll be happening a lot from now on." We walked into the main room where everyone was. Women in long beautiful dresses next to men in business suits. Wine glasses in their hands. Rich people.

"Come on we have to find my father." He started walking into the crowd. I quickly followed because I was not going to get lost today. I know at the most 2 people here.

"Bella gets over here," Hunter said. I quickly rushed over to him.

"Sorry, I'm a little slow. There are so many people here and I am trying not to step on women's dresses."

"Just stay by me. There a few bad people here." I nodded.

"So son how is this one holding up?" James asked and drank some of his wine.

"She is doing fine. Better than when you first met her. And the second time."

"Yes. I'll be the judge of that," He looked over at me and looked at my outfit. "I'm guessing you bought that for her?" James raised an eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked and put my hands on my hips.

"I'm just saying the few times I met you, you didn't have this nice of clothes," James explained with a smile on his face.

"So you think I am poor?"

"No just not in the same rank as the rest of us." James motioned to every in the room. I looked around at everyone and saw their fancy clothes. They were walking around like they could get anything on their clothes and it wouldn't even matter.

"Dad stop."

"I'm only stating the truth. She knows it's the truth anyway. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go have a talk with Miss Ramirez." He walked away into the crowd.

"I'm sorry about him." Hunter apologized as soon as James was out of sight.

"You don't have to apologize for your father's words. What he said was true anyway. I don't belong here. You do. You should have brought someone who isn't me."

"You don't have to have money to be here."

"Oh but I do Hunter. I am only here because of you. All of this is because of you. I'm just gonna go so I don't ruin your reputation." I turned and walked through the crowd to the door. The security opened the big doors for me and I walked out. As soon as the doors, opened flashing lights filled my sight.

"Miss, can you please answer a few questions?" A reporter asked. I hesitated and then nodded. What do I have to lose?

"What is your relation to Mr. King?" She asked and shoved the microphone in my face. She almost hit me in the face with it.

"I am his assistant. Nothing more nothing less." I answered confidently. It was only the truth.

"Do you know what happened to his previous fling Loren Jones?" She asked and once again shoved the giant microphone right next to my mouth.

"I am not entirely sure, but I heard she swings the other way so that may have something to do with it."

"One more. What is your opinion on Mr. King?"

"He is completely different from what the media portrays him as." I saw out of the corner of my eyes the doors open again. I saw Hunter standing there. "But the saying goes 'like father like son."

"Thank you." I nodded and turned walking away.

"Miss if you could answer one of my questions." A different reporter asked. I looked and saw Hunter being bombarded by reporters. I turned to the other reporter and nodded.

"What is your name?"

"Bella Amore."

•Edited•