Chapter 21

Note to self: Never drink that much ever again.

I woke up in my bed with a killer headache. Peter was on my couch sleeping and obviously, Hunter was nowhere to be seen.

"Peter wake up." I shook him lightly. He just groaned and rolled around until he fell off the couch. He sat up and held his head.

"Are you ok?"

"Is that even a question of course I am not ok? I just fell off a couch." He stood up and sat back down on the couch.

"Sorry here." I handed him an aspirin. He took it and then I handed him a bottle of water.

"Thank you. Where is Hunter?"

"Not here."

"Not surprised he usually leaves and goes to sleep in his own bed. Selfish bastard. " He laughed and stood up. He walked over to the front door and put on his shoes.

"Thank you for letting me stay the night. I had fun last night even though I can't remember half of it. I'm sure I took pictures though. I'll send them to you."

"Please don't," I laughed. "Bye Peter." He walked out and down the hallway. After I closed my door, I went straight back to bed.

...

Work: mental or physical activity as a means of earning income.

A.K.A: Something people do where they have to wake up at shitty times.

I groaned as I rolled out of bed. I literally stayed in bed all day and slept

Also yesterday a bag showed up at my front door. I poked it a few times making sure it wasn't anything dangerous and when I was sure it wasn't I opened it. It was a bag of clothes. I don't know who sent it but it came with a teddy bear that is now sitting on my bed.

I pulled this out of the bag, and I decided to wear it to work today.

Once I was ready, I was sort of rushing to get going

Once I was ready, I was sort of rushing to get going. I have to wake up extra early because I walk. I'm sort of saving for a car, but it is going to be a while until I get one.

...

"Good morning Bella. I love your shoes." Maria complimented. I smiled.

"Thank you. I found it in front of my front door." She looked at me confused and then laughed. "Have a good day."

"You too Bella!" She shouted before I stepped into the elevator. Once I got to the top floor Mr. King was waiting for me by my desk.

"You're late Miss Amore. By hmmm 10 seconds."

"10 seconds is nothing. So Hunter who am I firing today?" I dropped my bag by my desk and sat on my chair. I spun around in it a few times before returning my attention to Hunter.

"Well look who's in a good mood today. Fortunately, I have just the person for you, Tyler Ross." I started coughing and I quickly took out my bottle of water and drank some.

"Why are you firing him. What did he do? He is so nice."

"You can go and fire him now or you can waste time listening to the same answer I tell you about everyone." I shook my head and took Tyler's file from Mr. King's hands.

"Come to my office when you are done." He commanded and walked back into his office. Curious, I opened the file. His interview papers were in here and his answers to the questions. I scanned through them. They were just simple questions until I got to one.

Why do you want or need this job?

"My little sister needs money. She has cancer and is going to die if I don't help support the costs for her treatment."

I walked into the elevator flipping through the papers. I pressed his floor and waited for the elevator to bring me there. I felt like time was slowing down. As soon as the doors opened, I saw Tyler by the little water dispenser. When he looked up and saw me, he smiled. I wanted to smile back, but I couldn't.

"What's wrong Bella? Ooh, you have a file who are you firing this time? Hunter really likes firing people lately." I looked at him with sad eyes.

"Is it me?" He asked. I nodded. "Oh, ok I understand. Tell him I'll be gone in an hour." He sighed. I hugged him before he could walk away and tear escaped my eye.

"Don't cry. I'll find another job. It won't be that hard I mean look at me." He rubbed my back and I laughed quietly.

"I uh read your file," I said as we pulled out of the hug.

"And you saw why I needed this job?" I nodded. "She is getting better Bella. Don't worry about it. She's strong and will make it through. I need to go start getting my things. Come see me before I leave?"

"I'll be there."

...

"Mr. King I absolutely hate it. I hate firing people. Why do I have to be the one to tell them you're fired?" I said as I barged into his office. When I saw what was going on, my eyes widened.

"Well, this is awkward," I said and whistled looking around the room like it was the most interesting thing ever.

"Miss Amore I told you to come to my office. I expect you and everyone else to knock before they enter a room. Especially in my office." Hunter said in an annoyed voice. I heard a dress zip up and then I finally looked over at him. I couldn't look him in the eyes. Who could?

"I'm so sorry. Should I leave? I can come back."

"No that won't be necessary." The girl was sitting on his lap and he was running a hand up and down her back. "Cecile we can finish later." She stood up and kissed him on the lips before strutting out like she owned the place. She glared at me when she passed me.

"Miss Amore, what were you saying while you rudely barged in here?" He asked and fixed his tie.

"Um, I don't think it is important anymore. What did you need me here for?"

"I need you to go on a mission."

"Is it a spy mission-"

"No. It's really just an errand. I need you to go to Tyler Carter's office here in Rosewood City. Take this file," He slid a file to the edge of his desk. " And give it to him. Then take this," He put a box on top of the file. I walked closer to his desk to see what it was. He lifted the top of it off. "It is a bug. Put it underneath his computer and then you're done. Simple, easy." He put the top of it back on.

"I don't know...Why am I doing it?"

"Because Mr. Carter knows and trusts you. He won't suspect a thing." He has this evil look in his eyes. Something I haven't seen in him.

•Edited•