Chapter 59

"I swear Hunter if you get any closer," I said in a warning tone.

"It's just a game, Bella."

"It's not just a game."

"It actually is just a game. You can't even get hurt."

"Anyone can get hurt with anything. Nothing in this world is truly safe."

"Bella just move your dog piece. It's your turn." I looked back down at the Monopoly board and picked up the dice. I rolled it and got a 10 I moved ten spaces and landed on Hunter's property once again. What a surprise.

"How did you buy so many properties and still have that much money." I counted out the amount of money I owe him and then handed it to him.

"This is sort of what I do for a living Bella."

"Well stop doing your job and sell your properties so I can get them and then you will go bankrupt. I have 4 freaking dollars left."

"Well, maybe you should have thought about your money situation before you stopped on my property."

...

"Hunter come on lend a girl some money?" I asked. I had 5 dollars left. How is that possible I don't know?

" I'll lend you money if you come work for me." He waved a 500 in my face. I followed it with my eyes back and forth.

"I swear Hunter if you wave one more 500 in my face I will take it and rip in half. Then burn it and force you to watch it burn into tiny tiny little pieces."

"That's a little har-"

*knock knock*

I leaned over to grabbed my crutches, but Hunter stopped me and got up himself. He walked over to the door and opened it revealing a man.

"And you are?" Hunter asked in a harsh tone.

"That is none of your concern. I am here for Bella Amore and only her. Someone sent a message for her." The man explained.

"Bella isn't here at the moment." Hunter lied. I laid down on the couch so he couldn't see me unless he walked into the apartment.

"Well, my boss said she was. I guess I'll come back later."

"That won't be necessary. I am her boss and I can take a message for her."

"No it's fine, I'll be back later." I heard him walk away and then Hunter close the door.

"What a creep," Hunter said as he walked back over to the couch. I sat up and watched Hunter as he walked over and then sat on the couch.

"He just seemed like he wanted to tell me something."

"Yeah probably to tell you that your dad is coming for you and all that shit. You know the unimportant things."

"My dad coming after me is an important thing that shouldn't be ignored. He may not seem like he can do much, but he can. He has been keeping my mom somewhere for years." I explained.

"Do you know where she is?"

"If I knew where she was I wouldn't be here. I would be trying to get her back on her feet. Maybe. I don't know. She kind of put herself in that situation anyway, but she is still my mom."

"Do you think the same way about your dad?"

"Oh god no. I am not his daughter anymore." I picked up the dice since it was my turned to go. I rolled the dice and got 4. I moved four spaces and landed on another one of Hunter's many properties. I groaned and threw the rest of my money at him. "Here have it. I know you'll give me a place to stay anyway." He took the money and sorted it perfectly with the rest of his money.

"How did you know?" He asked.

...

"Hunter come on. I don't want this. Don't you respect what I want?"

"I do, but I know what you want and you want to come back, but you know what's holding you back? Those crutches. You can still do things with those crutches. You can get out of going back and forth in the elevator. I've stopped firing people because they finally got the message. Idiots."

"They aren't idiots if they are working for you."

"Is that a compliment I hear?"

"No."

"Anyways, I know you want to come back. Come on Bella. What else do I need to do to get you to come work for me? I ordered lunch, I made breakfast, and I won a Monopoly. Do I need to put my di-"

"Stop right there."

"What else Bella. You want a new car I'll get you one."

"I don't want your cars or jewelry I just want one thing."

"And that would be?"

"For you to stop asking me to be your assistant." He shut up instantly.

•Edited•