Chapter 66

"Wow, that helped so much Mr. Carter." I rolled my eyes and took the contract back.

Tyler's office doors swung opened and Stephanie came strutting in. I swear all these people were in jail. Rich people always paying for the bail.

"Ty-ty what is she doing here?" Stephanie asked and sat on his lap. She kissed his cheek.

"She's only here for business baby." He answered and kissed her back.

"Ok. How are you doing Bella? Still alive I see." She looked at me with a disgusted look.

"Yes, I am still alive. Unless we are in hell."

"Bella is nice," Tyler said.

"I am being nice. You're lucky I didn't do anything yet."

"Ok Bella. You came for help. I gave it to you. We don't need to repeat the events with Bertha. So if you would please leave. If you have any questions feel free to call me." I stood up.

"Well, thanks for nothing." I walked out of his office. "Bye Rose!"

"Bye!" She responded.

...

As soon as I walked into Ryan's house, I was greeted by him. How lucky am I?

"Where have you been?" He asked angrily.

"Well, I have been enjoying my time away from you. If you must know I was trying to find a way out of it. But I've asked two businessmen and they told me the only way out is death."

"They are right."

"Yeah probably. I'm going to bed."

"It's only 3 in the afternoon."

"Exactly."

I walked upstairs ignoring anything else he said. I put my things on the table beside the bed and then crawled into bed. I didn't bother changing because what's the point.

...

"Hey, babe." Ryan's voice woke me up from my slumber. What a bitch. Where is that envelope opener?

"Get away from me." I scooted closer to the edge of the bed. Ryan grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. Without thinking I grabbed the edge of the bed to keep myself from getting pull into the arms of the devil.

"Let go."

"No, come lay with me." He pulled harder and my fingers were slipping.

"I don't want to lay with you!"

"Well deal with it. It's on the contract." I let go as soon as he said contact. I may hate the contract but I don't want to go against the contract. I would but I don't want people to die.

"Good girl." He whispered in my ear.

"This is disgusting. You are disgusting."

"I guess we'll be disgusting together then."

"Couple of the year," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

...

"Where do you think you are going?" He asked from the couch. After last night, I have tried to keep as far away from him as possible. He is a disgusting human being.

"To work," I answered. I opened the front door.

"Oh no your not." He stood up, set his beer on the coffee table, and walked over to me.

"I am and you don't have a say in what I do."

"I do. You just don't realize it yet."

"Ahem. I believe an amendment states that I-"

"I don't give a damn about the Amendments of this stupid country."

"Well, you should."

"And why is that?" He asked and got closer to me.

"Because-" he cut me off by kissing me. I pressed my lips together right and pushed him away as hard as I could. I ran out the door not looking back to see if he was behind me.

...

"Bella what are you doing?" Lenny asked as I collapsed on a couch in his office.

"I just... ran... many miles... to get away from... Ryan." I answered trying to catch my breath.

"I told you you should have started jogging every morning but NO you just had to be that skinny girl who thinks she doesn't need to exercise because it is a waste of time and won't matter to you because you never get fat somehow."

"That sounded personal. Anyways hide me." I went under his desk and curled into a ball.

"Bella what is- oh hi...dude."

"Dude? What is this 2012? My name is Ryan."

"Well, Ryan do you need something?" Lenny asked. He pulled out his chair and sat down.

"Don't play dumb with me Lenny. I know she is in here."

"I'm not playing dumb."

"You are. I can smell your lies."

"If you are some sort of mythical creature I will need to report you to the government where they can take care of creatures such as you."

"Shut up! She is in here."

"Who is 'she'? I am very confused."

"What are you twelve? Give me Bella or so swear I will rip your he-"

"Oh goodness. Is that a threat I hear? SECURITY!"

I heard footsteps approaching Lenny's office. I looked under the desk and saw two pairs of feet right by Ryan's.

"If you do not move right now sir. We are going to have to escort you out ourselves." One of them said.

"Oh fuck you guys. I'm going. I'm going. Don't touch me. Bella! I know you in there I will be back for you!" Ryan said before the doors shut. I let out a sigh of relief when I looked and didn't see any other people except for Lenny.

"That'll be a five hundred dollar fee. Don't forget the taxes."

"I work for you. Just take some off my paycheck."

"Oh yeah. Go get your clothes on we have a shoot today!" He shouted and laughed. I grabbed my things and walked to my changing room.

"What was all the shouting about?" Meadow asked as soon as I walked in.

"Ryan," I answered and set my things on a couch. "We are getting married." All of a sudden there was a plastic hanger flying at me. I ducked and it hit the wall. "What the hell was that?" I asked and saw her picking up another one.

"You. Didn't. Tell. Me. You. We're. Getting. Married!" She threw a hanger at me each word.

"Well, you don't need to be violent. Plus you weren't gonna invite me to your wedding if I didn't go to some dinner."

"We always need to be violent. And hush."

"I'm sorry ok. I'm doing this to keep you safe. And all of my other friends."

"Bitch, please. You only need moi but I guess if you need the others you can save them too." She turned back around and finished up her makeup. "By the way, I got the cute clothes this time."

•Edited•