7: Theory

Zahra Ellis

"Wake that ass up!" I felt a hard slap on my behind, causing me to groan. "There's too much sleeping going on in here."

"There isn't enough, actually!" After landing last night we hit up the beach, did some drinking and came back to the hotel and played some games in the room. It was a calm night, just enough to start our trip off.

I sat up in the bed and stretching, looking over at Preston who danced before me with a Corona in his hand. "Already babe?"

"Already." He sang, taking a gulp of it. "I'm here to turn the hell up; 24/7."

"And you're doing a great job at that."

"And you're failing so far. Get your fine ass up so we can go grab some breakfast."

"Sounds like a plan to me." I wasn't much of a drinker, the little bit I had seemed to still be in my system. I figured that a warm shower would do the trick though. I rolled out of bed, stretching then stumbled into the washroom.

The water ran down my body, and I took the time out to wash off the makeup that I had left over from last night. Once I was done, I hopped out; drying off and brushing my teeth before I stepped back into the room. Preston was sitting in the couch scrolling down his Instagram feed, and listened to music while he finished off his drink.

I opened up my suitcase pulling out a white swimsuit and a pair of shorts, I kept it simple because I knew we'd be doing something in the water today. It was only right.

I moisturized my body, adding some body lava from Fenty Beauty to make sure my dark skin sparkled in the sunlight. I got dressed quickly, sliding my feet into my Gucci slides and undid the braids my hair was in so that the curls dropped. I could see it on Preston's face that he was getting impatient so I ditched the idea of doing my makeup and just relied on my eyelashes to do me some justice today.

"Ready?" I asked, picking up my purse and applying lip gloss.

"Woke up ready." he handed me the key card since I was the responsible one and slid his phone into the back pocket of his khaki shorts. I loved the way my man dressed, but his summer fashion was always the best. Button up Versace shirt that he normally left undone, khaki shorts and some Gucci loafers on his feet. He looked like a whole snack, so good that I was no longer hungry for breakfast.

We stepped outside of our room and Preston took hold of my hand guiding me down the hall and into the elevator, he held onto me by my waist and we didn't speak we just waited for the elevator doors to open up again. We got off and stepped onto the main floor that was filled with people already mingling and getting their day started. Many had drinks in their hands, which meant that my boyfriend wasn't as crazy as I thought.

I held onto Preston's hand as we squeezed through the crowd. I said excuse me and sorry so many times that I lost track until we finally made it into the dining area. A hostess seated us in a booth by the window and it was perfect. I ordered a fruit bowl with a side of pancakes and orange juice on the side while Preston ordered the Fit for a King: which consisted of eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, hash browns with orange juice that he swapped out for a mimosa.

"What do you want to do today?" he asked, drinking the complimentary water while we waited for our food.

"I want to go to the beach since we didn't really stay long yesterday. Oh, and Aaliyah and I overheard some girls talking about how there's going to be some event at this club tonight; Chris Brown's performing."

"Sounds good." he nodded, "I'm down if you're down."

"Yay, what about you though? What did you want to do?"