19: 0-100

Karla Francis

I finished off my few slices of pizza, leaving my crust behind. I had even taken a whole hour and a half nap and by the time I woke up and realized I was in the couch with the plate of pizza on my lap; Elijah was still where I left him, across from me with eyes glued on the basketball game highlights. I guess Myles was serious about needing rest.

I sat back in the chair and ran my fingers through my hair. Apart from the drama that I had going down; this trip had been so boring for me. I was always the life of the party and not being able to drink or get high was such a bummer.

I looked down at my stomach and pouted; I always had baby fever from time to time but now that I'm in this position I get to realize how boring of a lifestyle it was. I was always sleepy, I could never keep down the food that I actually loved, my breasts were sore and I'd get some cramping from time to time. It was just an uncomfortable situation to be in, one that I was far from being used to.

"What you pouting about over there?" Elijah asked, finally looking at me due to the highlights being on a commercial break.

"I feel so fat." I said low.

"Well you just ate half of my box of pizza."

"I'm eating for two, so realistically I ate my regular portion plus the babies."

"Oh, here we go," he rolled his eyes and chuckled. "You girls kill me with that excuse."

"It's not an excuse." I rubbed my belly, "I want a healthy bouncy, baby so I gotta stay nourished."

"If you say so, you still owe me for that box though."

"HA. You still owe me for this BOX, though." I raised my brow and he sat there dumbfounded for a second. "Don't think I'm letting you go easy. With me having to be out of the game once I start showing, I gotta make sure I collect my dues and save up for my baby. After all, Myles is pretty damn broke and I know I am the only breadwinner."

"Myles aint broke, he's out here grinding."

"Where? At the car shop?" I scoffed, "gimme a break Elijah, he wasn't even able to pay for his own sister's eye surgery. Can you imagine if something major goes wrong with our kid? It's clear that he won't be able to provide for him or her as well."

"Not everybody got 11k just laying around."

"If Myles would stop being such a punk and go back to his old high school ways... for sure he would have that and more laying around. Those were the days when he was fine and in charge, mmm." I shook away the dirty thoughts that wandered into my head.

"Those were the days when he nearly got locked up every other day. College saved his life. Although he didn't get to graduate, with this big performance tomorrow night; I'm sure he's going to be one step closer to being amongst some of the greats."

"College turned him into a pussy," I shrugged. "And if anyone's going to make it amongst the greats it would be you, because Myles once again is too pussy to sing or even rap his own lyrics."

"He doesn't like the spotlight."

"Because he aint a boss no more..."

"Damn, low blow." Elijah leaned forward, "I honestly don't get what you have against him though."

"What makes you think I have something against him?"

"Just the way you speak about him when it's just the two of us; it's never positive. Then you come around and try to ruin his life by trapping him with this baby that you know aint even his and y-."