36: Temporary Fix

Renee Bahar

Dejounte was pretty much keeping to himself; I got that he was worried about Monet after the club incident, he was busy trying to find a way to get a hold of her and since he hadn't been getting through so far, he was pretty stressed and decided locking himself in his bedroom was his best way to deal with his feelings.

I laid in the couch, catching up on some Love and Hip Hop. I had been keeping myself busy with ratchet television. I hadn't even realized how interesting these shows were, but boy oh boy was I missing out. I loved drama more than anything and I don't think anything could top this kind of drama.

The commercial came on and I took it as my chance to get up and refill my bowl of chips and wine glass. Getting into the kitchen, I was startled by the sound of the front door opening. However, the sound of heels automatically calmed me down. "Look who's finally back. It's really late," I said, watching Nadia walk around the corner. "How did it go?"

"Today reminded me of why I try to stick to one athlete at a time, they're more dramatic than movie stars; I swear." Nadia plopped down on one of the bar stool and rested her head against the counter top. "Did Dejounte come out of his room as yet?"

"Nope." I answered popping my 'p.' "His mom said he isn't coming out until he finds a way to get in contact with Monet." I shook my head, "I swear, I have never ever seen him like this. It almost makes me feel... bad inside; I'm here fighting to be with someone that is fighting to be with someone else. Trust me, deep down I do love Dejounte, I always have but I feel like I deserve so much better than this."

"Dejounte is just blinded by some good pussy, that's all." Nadia waved me off. "You're the one for him, you have history and chemistry. Not to mention the fact that it's too late to get someone else to marry you before the government sends you packing."

"Well at this rate I highly doubt he's going to even go through with this. Did you see his latest tweets?"

"No," her head shot up and she looked at me with a raised brow. "What about them?"

"All day he's been tweeting about being ready to risk it all for his family. With this pregnancy she has the upper hand now, I know Dejounte, I know how he feels about family; kids, especially. This bribing thing I'm doing is no match." I sighed, "which is why I told you to try to talk her into an abortion."

"That's what I've been doing but... I need more time in order to get into her head," Nadia groaned and rubbed her temple.

"Maybe... I should just give up."

"No... not yet," she shook her head then we sat in silence for a few minutes before I heard her laugh out loud and clap her hands together. "I have a much better idea. I don't understand why I didn't think about it earlier. It's a temporary fix but it should do some damage for now, she may not even have to get the abortion."

"What is it?"

"Just watch and see." Nadia pulled out her phone and began typing with an evil grin on her face. I ate a few chips, watching her in amazement. I really wanted to know what was going on in that sneaky little head of hers. Once she was done, she set the phone down and clasped her hands together. "I say, give it five minutes."

"Five minutes for what?"

"Oh, you'll see." she smirked then stood to her feet and took up her things. "I'm going to take a shower, tomorrow we will talk."

"Wait, wait. What the hell... what does all of that mean?"

"Like I said, you're going to see. Wait for your cue, what I will say is that I hope you got a wax." she sized me up before heading down the hall. "Oh. and you're going to need something a little stronger than wine!"