48: Focus

Short chapter but still an important one.
Omg it's ending soon I'm so sad.
Maybe a next two chapters and it's finito.
Thank you all once again.
And before you read, how many people actually remembered who Bruce was? Lol. Let me know.

Monet DaSilva

"You did a good thing back there, baby girl," my father rested his hand on top of mine that sat on my lap. "Being the bigger person isn't always easy."

"Oh, trust me. I know." I smirked, looking through my window as we passed through the busy freeway traffic that headed to the airport.

"Now that your conscience is clear, you have to focus on the prize."

"Yeah... I guess." I had gone by to do what I did for Dejounte because I didn't want to feel heavy when I got to Tokyo. Even in doing so, I still left... not feeling like my conscience was as clear as it ought to have been by now.

"I agree with him." Kingsley nodded, with his head buried into his phone. "We're still behind on training, we gotta do as much as we can while we can."

"And still think about health at the same time." My personal doctor said in the seat behind me. With me being at risk with the long flight and the amount of training I was about to have to go through; there was no way that I would've been able to do so without her by my side. "As much as that gold means to you, the babies are far more important. Like I said prior, please aim for the bronze at max. The babies have already gone through enough stress this year."

I rolled my eyes and of course she caught it. "I just want the best for you Monet."

"I am aware but don't try to limit me on how far I can push myself."

"Mo, she's right. You don't want to do anything that could potentially put them at risk. A 14-hour flight alone isn't something that's recommended and that's on top of everything else you've been going through."

"Dad, mom did it. Why can't I?"

"I don't want you killing yourself, trying to be your mother. The stress she put on you nearly caused her to lose you and she wasn't as far along."

"And she also didn't have the medical technology that we have today. I'm going to be fine."

"Hopefully if you listen to instructions." The doctor spoke up again. "I know that you can do it but I'm just requesting that you don't take that risk. That is all, I will be there the whole time for you but I just think it best if you listened to me. I know what I'm saying and why I am saying it."

I sighed and lifted my hand so that my fathers would fall to the side. I reached into my pocket, taking out my phone and putting my headphones in. I then rested my head against the window and shut my eyes. My music shuffled and it went from playing Mariah Carey throwbacks to the song that was dedicated to me, by the one and only.

Automatically, butterflies invaded my stomach. I didn't know why, no matter what I did to try and get him out of my head, it just wouldn't work. I made this decision to cut him off for the right reasons, yet still, here I was feeling so wrong. I didn't understand it.

I quickly switched the song before I got too deep into my feelings and of course it switched over to another one of his favorites; Take Care by Drake. I aggressively popped my headphones out of my ear and groaned. "Are you okay?" my father asked.

"Actually... no. I need you to stop the car." I said, "Stop the car. Please." What was I kidding? There was no way that I could possibly run with all of this on my mind. Fixing things with Myles, telling him about this baby, getting him on the plane with me. "Kingsley, look into getting another ticket. I don't care how much it costs, just get it for me."