24: #DeMo-n

Dejounte Murray

"Thanks again boss," I said handing a hundred-dollar bill to one of my securities for the night. "I'll be good from here."

"Stay safe."

"Always."

After today's defeat against the Miami Heat, I rushed right out of that arena and headed for the car that awaited me in the private parking lot. Tonight, was rough; I was used to crowds booing us because we were the opposition in their territory but being the reason behind most of the booing, seeing signs about me being a cheater was something I couldn't adjust to. Especially when I knew that I wasn't what they thought I was. Many different outlets reached out to me, after the game and of course instead of the actual game; their inquiries were based on my personal life and my relationship.

I did as my manager encouraged; ignoring all of the media.

As soon as my car rolled out, I powered on my phone and checked to see if Monet had seen or responded to any of my messages; which she hadn't. I dialled her number, pressing my phone to my ear but instead of going to her usual voicemail that I had memorized by now; it went to an automated voice messaging system that notified me that her phone was out of service. I shook my head, and opted for DMing her again, but then realizing her Instagram had been deactivated.

"What the...."

"Everything alright back there?" my driver inquired.

"I'm good."

"Would you like me to slow down so you can sign some autographs like you usually do?"

"Nah, take me straight home please."

"No problem." He sped away from the crowd and continued down the street, making sharp turns and taking short cuts to make sure that no one was following behind us. Once the coast was clear he did a U-turn on an empty street, heading in the actual direction of where I was staying.

Throughout the ride I read through articles on the way, disgusted at how they were dragging my name through the dirt. I wanted so badly to respond but I couldn't because the things I wanted to say, would've made things even worse. To keep my anger at bay I scrolled through the pictures of Monet and I in Maui, I couldn't wait for playoffs to be over so that I could finally get to enjoy being around her again.

"We're here." My driver announced, as he pulled up to the front gate of my Airbnb.

"Thank you." I handed him a couple bills as well and hopped out of the car, walking to the front gate. I punched in a passcode and it opened for me. Walking up the driveway I noticed a few cars in the parking lot; my lawyer and my manager. I was so not in the mood.

I rolled my eyes as the front door opened and my mom stood in the door frame, she placed her hand on her hip. "What happened tonight?" she asked as I made my way up the steps.

"D Wade is a problem. We tried our best. Did Monet by any chance call my business phone?"

"No and no,"

"Guess she just needs some time to cool off."

"I've seen your best and that wasn't it. You know draft picks for next season is coming up and I want you playing for the teams that are willing to pay you much more, which means you gotta put in work DJ! Not just sit back and allow Dwayne to destroy you guys like he did tonight." I walked by her, stepping into the house. She shut the door behind her and continued to follow me into the living area where I kicked off my shoes and placed my gym bag on the floor. My manager and lawyer were in the kitchen, going over some paper work I'm guessing. "You were on the bench for far too long tonight."

Myles (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara