28: Crazy

I know y'all see me asking for some comments. I like hearing the opinions, i love the feedback. I'm trying to continue my comments of the day but I need your cooperation lol. C'mon, help me out here!

Anyways, love you guys.
Enjoy.

Renee Bahar

I stretched, rolling over in the California king sized bed of the Airbnb that we had been staying in for our New York business trip

I stretched, rolling over in the California king sized bed of the Airbnb that we had been staying in for our New York business trip. I squinted as I allowed my eyes to adjust to the light that seeped through the opened window curtains. As I rubbed them, I looked over to see Dejounte standing by the opened window, leaning against the sill. I watched the cloud of smoke that formed around him for a minute, blow off into the morning wind.

"DJ..." I whispered, it had to be no later than 7 in the morning and we had gotten home a few hours ago from Chris' party, so I didn't expect him to be awake.

"Hmmm." He answered, taking a couple more pulls from whatever he was smoking before tossing it out the window. As he turned to me I noticed how bloodshot his eyes were.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm straight." He said, sitting on the edge of the bed. The scent of marijuana filled my nostrils, and it wasn't the greatest smelling thing especially first thing in the morning. I nearly gagged but didn't want to seem too dramatic.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked, watching him take his phone up. He simply shrugged.

All night last night he had been making these calls, sending these random messages, which was weird to witness being that he was surrounded by all of the friends he had in the club last night. It also couldn't have been business related because Nadia handled that.

Dejounte had just seemed completely out of it ever since he returned from that Sports Illustrated shoot, even the way he made love to me this morning, felt odd.

I placed my hand on his naked back and felt him tense up under my touch. My brows knitted together and he looked over at me. "Slept good?" he asked.

"Well from what I could get, yes." I yawned and relaxed back against the pillows I had been sleeping on.

"I'm happy to hear that." He said, with his nose still buried in his phone. I hated to be nosey but as a woman I couldn't help it. I watched as he scrolled down the Instagram page of Monet, he paused at a couple of them, zooming in mostly to her stomach area before he realized I had been looking, and locked the phone.

I cleared my throat, "really?"

"Please don't," he held his hand up. "Not today."

"Then when?"

"Preferably never, because I can't deal with the nagging."

"Maybe if you didn't give me a reason, I wouldn't have to nag." I sat up, holding up the sheet to cover my naked body. "We spoke on this yesterday, you told me you would try."