21: Guards Up

Please Read:

HEY BELLLES,

So, I was going to end this story with the simpy old; 'they lived happily ever after' and was going to give you the ending y'all want to see but then I remembered that that wasn't me or my type of writing. So I've decided to take this story to another level and extend it, so I hope you guys are ready for what's in store. Please bare with me, I am still doing weekly updates until I can find time to do it more frequently.

I love you all and I'm glad that you're enjoying this story as much as I am enjoying the writing process.

Continue to vote, comment and tell me your thoughts.

ALSOOOOOOOOOO

I AM STARTING SOMETHING NEW CALLED: TOP COMMENTS. JUST LIKE HOW I USED TO DO SHOUT OUTS IN THE KEEPING SECRETS SERIES! I WILL BE POSTING THE TOP COMMENT FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER AT THE END OF EVERY UPDATE. IT COULD BE A DEBATABLE COMMENT OR JUST SOMETHING I ENJOYED READING AND WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU.

YEAH, THAT'S ALL.

ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.

XO

TEEBELLE

2 Months Later

Myles Thomas

"No deadass, that will be the last time that Miami sees me." I told my boss as I wiped the oil off of my hands and onto my overalls. We had just finished up the detailing and oil change on a Maybach, one of the best cars to pull into her in a while. My boss had been on vacation and this was our first time seeing each other since I left.

"Definitely sounded like the trip from hell. I'm glad you made it back in one piece."

"You and me both." I turned up the volume of the radio, bobbing my head as I blasted my newest song. It was my first time singing on a track, nothing serious just needed to get my thoughts out someway, somehow.

"So how did the performance go?" he asked squinting his eyes and feeling the beat.

"Due to circumstances, and what happened between Elijah and I... I missed that opportunity." My heart hurt a bit at the thought, I couldn't believe I let something like that slip through my fingers.

"So, you basically went through hell for no reason?"

"No reason... at all."

"Damn," he shook his head and sighed, "well, just know that you're set for life. You're good at what you do and will always have a job here, maybe even a promotion in the near future if you stick by me. That whole music career is only a dream, this is the real deal."

"Oh, for sure, I don't see myself going anywhere soon." I ran my hand over my du-rag and let the thought hit me. Things were getting real; Karla and I were starting to look for places and I knew I had to get it together. My father didn't want us living in the crib anymore because I went against his rules, and to be honest; I couldn't blame him. The man had given me a lot in the past and asked one thing of me, and that one thing was something I failed to do so I didn't sweat it, instead I just began my search and slowly started packing up my things. I had three months to get out, so I was just stacking up and hoping I'd be able to find something soon.