18: Parental Guidance

Monet DaSilva

"I'd have to say yellow... what's yours?"

"I don't have much of a favorite color but if I had to go with one it would be blue."

"Typical."

"Very, what's your favorite number?"

"5." I smiled and he did the same in return. "you?"

"You already know the answer to that boo." He kissed my cheek and got comfortable. Dejounte laid next to me, with his arm wrapped around my waist and his head buried in the crook of my neck, his body heat was doing wonders against mine. The fact that I hadn't had a real boyfriend apart from Ze... she who shall not be named; so, I didn't really experience just getting to lay up with a partner. Anyone else after was just sex, hit it and dip kind of thing. The feeling was new, and I was loving every minute of it.

We laid in silence for a moment just listening to the ocean outside of our bedroom. It was so peaceful.

I reached for the pamphlet by the night table. I was really looking for room service but stumbled upon the excursions instead. "Ouu, I want to go swimming with the dolphins." I cooed flipping through the book. I felt his breathing growing heavy and I knew what was happening. "Don't go to sleep!"

"I'm not, I promise." He gripped onto my side and I continued to browse through the options. Since we were in Hawaii I had so much that I knew I wanted to do. Apart from the obvious jet skiing that we had bet on, I wanted to go snorkelling, surfing and parasailing before having to head back to Texas.

My phone vibrated against the nightstand, I checked it and once I realized there were two messages from both Zahra and Myles, I deleted them and blocked their numbers. D and I decided to block the distractions and just have some fun. The devil was not about to try and ruin this getaway for me. What was done did hurt, but I'm choosing to let it go because I'm glad that I knew now as opposed to later down the line.

I loved Myles from the bottom of my heart, but a man that loved me would never do certain things. A person can act a certain way over the net but when they show you their true colors in person; it's important to not ignore them. Myles showed me that he was a dog, a cheater, a scum, a hoe, and an amazing liar all wrapped up in one. Things that he promised me he wasn't. I believed that this trip was set up for me to realize who it was that I was actually talking to all this time.

Thankfully Dejounte swooped in right on time, no red flags were being shown as yet. I was able to break down and be as transparent with him as I had ever been with anyone else on this planet. There was just something about him, I didn't know if this was going to last due to him being who he was. However, deep down I could see potential with us, and if it was to become serious I genuinely wouldn't mind.

"There's a cruise as well, we could do that tonight?" I asked, but there was silence. "What do you think? The boat leaves at 7:30." There was silence again and I looked over to see that he was fast asleep. I smirked and continued browsing.

After mentally making my selections I slowly removed his arm from around me, crawled out of the bed and practically limped over to the washroom. My legs were beyond sore; but after so many rounds, and positions; I couldn't say I was expecting anything less.

I hopped in the shower and put the water silencer on so that I could get in a good shower before he woke up.

Once I was done, I completed my hygiene routine and just let my hair air dry while I dressed in a red suede bikini along with a black mesh pull-over. I slid my feet into my fuzzy black slides before walking back into the room.