20: Home Going

Dejounte Murray

I can't believe that I let her talk me into this, but it was better than I expected. We sat on the boat with some other passengers, waving goodbye to the dolphins that surprisingly waved back at us. Monet was grinning from ear to ear, her body dripping and her fingers pruned due to her not wanting to leave. As we got further away and the dolphins swam away she started pouting.

"What's wrong?" I asked pulling her close to me, I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and rubbed her arm.

"They were just so cute." She cooed.

"Yeah they were," I laughed. "It was more fun that I expected it to be."

"I told you so."

"Although, I think one of them was spending too much time around you. I was about to tell him to square up."

"Oh please, you're always tryna fight someone." She shook her head and leaned into me.

"Sucks that we gotta leave tomorrow, if I didn't have that game in Miami, I swear I would spend forever here with you."

"Mhmm..." she said, glancing over at me. Our eyes connected then she pulled away from me and began playing with her finger nails. It was weird, kind of like our ride to this excursion; she grew quiet. I could tell something was up but I wasn't about to question her here on this boat, in front of all these people. So, I just sighed and buried my face into my phone; I was grateful for how waterproof the iphone X was because we got some pretty good pictures in the water with the dolphins. I posted a few on snapchat, checked a few emails, ignored Renee's nudes she sent to me, watched a couple highlights before locking my phone and looking back at Monet who was staring out at the water.

We came to the dock, and the employees of the resort thanked us and helped us off the boat. Everyone went their own separate ways and Monet walked ahead of me towards our rooms. I couldn't wrap my head around it, we were having such a great day before, where did this attitude come from? Must be her period coming or something? Cause I don't understand...

In our silence we finally got to our own private section, "want something to eat?" I asked, and she completely ignored me. "Are we still going to go on another excursion later? Maybe that haunted house?" still, no answer. We turned a corner and I grabbed a hold of her arm making her turn to face me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." her voice cracked as she lied, she pulled out of my grasp and folded her arms.

"We started this thing based on honesty, so let's keep it that way. Did I do something wrong?"

"Did you do something wrong?"

"You can't answer a question with a question."

"If you didn't think you did anything wrong, you wouldn't have asked me that question to begin with." she shot me a smart look.

"Honestly Monet, I don't read minds."

"I don't need you to."

"Then be straight up and let me know what the problem is? Where's the attitude coming from? Why are you ignoring me?"

"I don't want to be used by you Dejounte, honestly. Although we said this was fun and just for a week... I could've sworn that what we did this morning meant more to you."

"Huh?" I squinted, "where is this coming from?"

"I just don't understand. You're the perfect gentleman but your intentions... they don't match. Regardless of the fun you want to have; I don't want to get hurt."