30: New Release

Comment & Vote xoxo
I tried my best.

Leisa Thomas

I had survived half the day at school, surprisingly

I had survived half the day at school, surprisingly. Although I had found a way to spend a majority of it in the library as opposed to being in class, at least I was still on the property. So basically, it wasn't technically skipping. Right?

I stood by my locker with my group of girls, they chatted about some girl fight that went down yesterday after school then switched the topic to Kodak finally being free for like the 234095876 time. I was too busy checking my phone, I hadn't gotten any message from Elijah as yet. He had been posting snapchats, insta stories and even had the nerve to tweet but still no answer. I was an idiot.

I had seen that he had dropped a link to a new music video in one of his tweets and before I could click it, my phone died. I wasn't surprised because I had been on it all day, waiting for that one reply.

"Earth to Leisa." One of my girls said, waving her hand in my face. I looked up instantly then over in the direction she was pointing at. Joshua Bryers, one of the guys from my first period classes stood in front of me, with his hands in his pockets. He wasn't popular, nor was he nerdy. Joshua was more of a reject due to the fact that he was always alone, he didn't speak up in class nor did he speak to anyone in the school. All he did was come, get his work done then leave once the bell rang. No interactions whatsoever.

"What?" I asked, turning my nose up at him.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked, "privately."

"... Why?" my brows furrowed.

"Come and I'll show you."

"Look, I have a man. I'm not interested." I scoffed, shut my locker then pulled my purse up over my arm. "Nice try though."

"Trust me, I'm the one that's not interested." He said in a cool tone. "You weren't in first period today and we got assigned to work on this project together. Being as I'm trying to spend the least amount of time around you as possible, I wanted us to just break the work into two parts. You work on your side and I work on mine, then we meet up Monday to put it together and print it. Iight?" he asked then handed a piece of paper to me that had already been highlighted and split into sections. I took a glance at it then when I looked up, all I saw was his backpack as he headed for the cafeteria.

"What a loser." I commented and placed the worksheet into my purse that hung on my shoulder.

"Definitely." One of my girls agreed, causing us to laugh a bit. I leaned against the locker and continued to watch some of the students walk past us, I'd normally join in with my girls who were judging each and every one of them that dared to step through what was known as the "A-Hallway" where most of the popular kids hung. I hadn't gotten into one of the "A-Cliques" until I started dating Elijah and I was starting to rock name brands that only few could pronounce let alone purchase and that was good enough for them to let me in. It was crazy to think that just a few weeks ago, I was one of these innocent students being judged.