31: Get Ready

Karla Francis

"This right here is why I don't be stripping." I complained meanwhile twirling my straw in my drink. The club was beyond dead tonight which had become usual as of lately, the only popping days were Friday and Saturdays but since I just returned they were giving me the worst shifts possible until I worked my way up. I wasn't planning on being her permanently, it's just that after my abortion and everything that went down with Myles and I; doing my regular just didn't feel right.

I'm not saying I plan on stopping but I for sure, for sure just needed a bit of a break. However, stripping was the next best thing so here I was, again.

"I'm telling you girl. These few hundreds a day aint paying no bills." One of the girls; Monica, that worked with me said as she counted up her money by the bar. I looked around to see a couple men that had already been attended to, there were also a few broke niggas in the corner that were complaining to our manager about the service. I shrugged it off though cause, if you aint throwin, we aint throwin either. "Thank God, we got this event coming in tonight." she said, after banding her money up and putting it in her little wristlet.

"Event?" my eyes widened. "What kind of event." The Gentlemen's club was a strip club by day and a full-on night club by night which is what I liked. Being located in New York City we attracted a lot of ballers and celebrities. If you were able to work an 'event night shift' you would be securing a major bag.

"Karma, he's hosting his single release party here. What the hell, you didn't know?"

"No." I folded my arms across my chest. Although I wasn't a fan of Elijah and his music, I was a big fan of his new rich friends and the money they brought with them.

"Bruh, you gotta find a damn way to get a shift tonight. He's bringing the whole damn OVO crew here tonight, plus some."

"But I'm sure the seniors have already secured those shifts."

"I mean yes, but what's one more girl?" she shrugged. "Anyways, I'm going to get back to work. I think I see a sugar daddy coming in." Our attention went towards the door, and she was definitely right. A group of men were ushered in meanwhile my eyes caught the one they were guarding; Judas. Sugar daddy indeed. Judas was trouble, big trouble and he didn't make visitations for no reason.

Monica tried to greet him but she was quickly brushed off as the group made their way over to Roger who nearly jumped at the sight of them. I had to admit, they were intimidating, without a doubt but before all else; a hood man was the sexiest thing to me. Roger was an older Italian man so compared to them, he was no match.

"Judas my man!" Roger, our manager said as he dapped him up. "What brings you in today?"

"You know, just here tryna scope out the place." Judas' voice was deep and a little raspy. It rumbles as he spoke. "Mind if we speak in a more private area?"

"Not a problem at all." Roger looked over at me but I quickly turned back to my drink, so he wouldn't think I was eavesdropping.

Roger led the group up the stairs and into his office behind the VIP section. I watched as a few guys stood watch outside, one of them specifically catching my eye. I hadn't seen him around before but he seemed to be pretty seasoned in his job. He was a bit older, dark skinned, beautiful smile and deep brown eyes that you could see from a distance.

God, the things I would do to him in that back room. Chile!

I don't even think I would charge him.... Matter of fact, with those looks; I definitely wouldn't!

"You seeing what I'm seeing?" Monica asked, leaning on the bar counter.

"Girl, how could I miss that?"