51: That's My Girl

Myles Thomas

"Where are we going? The entrance is over there." My mother pointed to my left while I pulled her to the right. Guests flooded the entire area as got searched and got their tickets punched before entering the stadium.

"Ma, just come on. I know what I'm doing." She hesitantly followed me as I pushed open the door that read; staff and employees only. The door shut behind us and it led us to a concrete stairwell. "Follow me,"

"Myles, I don't like this. If you didn't get the tickets, it's alright, we can just watch it from the hotel. I don't like this breaking and entering thing."

"Ma, just trust me, okay?" I said, jogging down the steps which led to another glass door this one had a scanner on the side. I took my tickets out of my pocket and scanned, causing the door to open. I turned around to see her at the top of the stairs with her arms folded. "Once again, I know what I'm doing. So are you coming or not?" she chewed on the inside of her lip as she jogged down and walked through the door that I held open for her.

I placed my mother's VIP badge over her head and patted her shoulder, her eyes grew big as she looked around at the place. There were refreshments set out, a red carpet where some of the athletes stopped by to greet and take pictures with fans. This was also the tunnel where the athletes would pass before entering the stadium. It of course, was filled with paparazzi and die-hard fans because when I tell you it was expensive, I mean it was EXPENSIVE. If I didn't have to find a way to get rid of all the dirty money I had saved, I definitely would still be in New York watching the highlights on my mom's TV or something. Everything happened for a reason and I was so thankful that I chose this moment to leave the drug game, everything just went hand in hand after.

"Myles... are you crazy?"

"What? You don't like it?" I laughed, seeing here there in shock. "You're going to finally meet Tyson Gay."

"Myles... this is too much. The hotel, the gifts, the spa, this whole entire getaway as a whole. Myles."

"Ma, you deserve it." I rubbed her shoulders then walked her over to the food station. "I have one more gift for you and that's it."

"Myles."

"One more." I held my pointer finger up. "just one."

"I have everything I could've possibly wanted."

"Is that right?" a voice said from behind her. I smirked, rubbing my hands together. My mother turned around and she grinned. "So, you don't want me here?"

"Andrew!" she covered her mouth then looked back at me. "Gabby, Leisa. What are you guys doing here?" I leaned forward, dapping Andrew up.

"What do you mean bout what am I doing here? I wanted to watch the race too." Leisa said, flipping her hair over her shoulder. She waltzed over to me and I pulled her into a hug.

"How was the flight?"

"Long as hell and Andrew kept getting on my case about my medication."

"As he should," my mother chimed in, taking Gabby into her arms. "You know that flying for that long could be a trigger."

"So is walking down the street." Leisa shrugged, "at the end of the day I was not about to let this moment pass me by. Trigger or not."

"Oh boy," my mother sighed and kissed Gabby's cheek. "How did you even get Gabby and Leisa here without me knowing? I didn't sign anything."

"Dad did." I answered, "I really wanted my family here, we have never really been anywhere so I figured, why not. Plus, I know how you get when you're away from Lee and Gabby too long."