{Altean!Lance x Reader}; Worthy of Your Time

Character; Lance of Altea

AU; Altean Lance, Galran/Human Halfbreed Reader

Warnings; Reader angst, Kissing ;)

.-+*0*+-.

{2nd Person Point of View}
>[This story does take small inspiration from the Galtean Klance AU, but the writing is my own.]<

.-+*0*+-.

You glared at your complexion into the mirror, looking at yourself with disgust. You had no access to any sort of cover-up on Altea except for temporary hair dyes, so you were unable to cover the purple marks on your {skin tone} skin.

You had been knighted Prince Lance's bodyguard just vargas ago, despite all the controversy between Galrans and Alteans. Sure, you were only a halfbreed, but you still had dark, unremovable purple stripes running up both of your cheeks. Your silky white hair was easily dyed however, so you chose {hair color}.

You left the mothership and escaped to Altea two decpheebs ago in hopes of applying your outstanding fighting skills to the side you knew was fighting for the right thing, and ended up where you are now; On Lance's 170th birthday, most likely hired to restrain him from having his fun. Even though you were of equal age, too.

When one says fun when describing Prince Lance, they're trying to undermine the word 'recklessness'. He was constantly hitting on Altean females and nearly getting himself killed. At least, this is what you had seen from him in the past few decapheebs.

You were... good friends. He was one of the closest you had in a long time.

However, since you arrived, he, according to his father, put himself at risk more than any other Altean alive. One would guess it would be to try and impress the females who praised the air he breathed, but he only showed off in front of you.

Because of his miraculous jump in non-safety since you arrived, you have had been blaming yourself for his recklessness, for he only seemed to do anything remotely dangerous in your presence. Once, you heard him talking to his sister Allura about how he would never fly a Skadush (out of fear), but when you entered, he claimed he'd always been good at it and invited you to watch.

(To watch him break his leg, pretty much.)

Sighing to yourself, you stepped out of the restroom to see the Prince leaned against the wall, then he turned to look at you. He blushed lightly, keeping it down as best as he could, but you could see it nonetheless.

"And I thought you'd be the one waiting for me while I spent fifteen minutes in the restroom. How are you?" He joked, and you took note of the time you'd wasted on your own tears.

"I am so sorry, your Highness. I was caught in thought, but I'm fine." You apologized, looking down and folding your hands politely.

"No need to be fancy, it's cool. Nice to see you again, Y/N." He stated. "I'm bored, let's go do something together. We could.. go bridge diving? I could show you my mad daredevil skills~"

You took a sharp breath in and contemplated the statement carefully? He then, suddenly inches away from your face, ran a thumb over your left marking. 'Beautiful...' he mouthed out of nowhere, but you shuddered it off awkwardly. "What do you say?"