{Keith x Reader}; Reputation [Part #2]

Character; Keith Kogane

AU; The Greatest Showman

Warnings/ Should Knows;
•This is a part two. If you've seen the movie you'll get it, but I still recommend reading the first one for any references made to it that you may not understand.

.-+*0*+-.

{2nd Person Point of View}

You decided not to join the rest of the cast members for champagne, you knew Shiro wouldn't let them in after all. Fame had changed his view on you drastically, and now he saw you as nothing but the media-rising freaks who performed in the shadows of him and Honerva.

You sighed as you fixated your leotard on once more. If it was a person, you'd put a restraining order on it for sure. When you stepped out of the dressing room, you turned the stage-entry corner to see Keith approaching the harmful protesters that remained in the bleachers, who were apparently testy enough to stay after.

'How were they even abled access to front-row tickets? You know what, they probably weren't' you thought, heart sinking at the thought of the 'anti-freaks'. You reminisced on the scene of Keith's mother breaking you down, clearly stating her disapproval.

"Gentleman, I'll have to ask you to leave." He stated professionally. He had already had a difficult day, filling in last minute for Shiro {who was off on a World Tour with Honerva}, taking care of the financial side of things, as well as remembering choreography and making sure everyone else was performance ready, too.

"We own this town, boy, what are you gonna do? Every smart man knows you're in it for the cash, fame and the girl. Gossip spreads fast in New York." The man taunted, standing up and stomping directly in front of the ringmaster. This was just another shining example of why you had to push Keith away, because now everyone who read the paper- which was everyone- knows he likes to "Clown around with Circus Women". You were about to run in and help, but Lotor held you back and approached the situation himself.

"I won't say it again. Get out of my business, out of my love life, and get out of my theater." Keith snarled. You grew tense as you watched your brother and infatuator fail to intimidate the boastiful lowlifes.

"What are you gonna do about it, pretty boy?" The man sneered, and his "friends" began to stand supportively behind him. The protester was about to make another snarky comment, when Lotor punched him square in the jaw. You gasped as you stared at the war unleashing in front of you, and backed away as Lance, along with most of your other cast members, ran in to help fight off your haters.

Not knowing what to do, you ran up a flight of stairs, entered your changing room, and hid. You and Lotor had joined this business for the glory of sharing your talent and not having to fear the discrimination you received on the daily, but this was honestly worse.

What were you doing now? While your boss was currently across the country, you were curled up in your dressing room, bawling. Even your ever-peaceful brother was now beating a group of protesters to black-and-blue mush.

You shuddered as you fell to the floor and hugged your legs tightly against your chest. Outside, you heard the sound of yelling and shattering glass, but thought nothing of it. You were terrified out of your mind, and anxiety began to build up inside you, resulting in silent cries.