{Pidge x Reader}; Matt's Plan

Character; Pidge G. / Katie Holt

AU; Highschool

Warnings and should-knows;
•Requested by @pujinina
•Flirty!Pidge
•fem!reader/gayyyy

.-+*0*+-.

"Welcome to the last day of first semester, everyone! I hope your winter breaks are filled with family, friends, and the happiness that some of you passed my class!" Professor Montgomery smiles, though you can see the pain behind her eyes and kids chatter through her kindness. "We're going to assign our new lab partners for the rest of the year now!"

You stand up awkwardly, following the crowd. Not many people in this class even know your name, and most them are going to choose their partners from last semester anyway. Which means, also like last time, you'll probably be doing the work by yourself.

Everyone fuses into natural pairs, standing next to each other and forming into their little cliques. Friend groups of three cast out the runts. You frown. It's how it's always been, but that doesn't mean you have to like being lonely. It doesn't mean you've accepted that you're just not as approachable as other kids. But you are, and you don't know what you can do to fix it.

"You know what? I'm sorry class, I should have specified; I said assign." She says, enforcing her diction. "Sit down and wait for your name to be called."

You sit. Oh boy, that's really awkward. Even you jumped in blind, in a hope that someone would offer you a hand. But now, even better, someone has no choice but to become your friend! Skipping stepping stones to a friendship is a risky, yet appreciated deal.

"Lance and Hunk." A high five slaps.

"Keith and James." Two groans.

"Ina and Nyma." A bored scoff.

"Y/n and Pidge." Turning heads, one of them yours.

You didn't know Pidge that well, she wasn't really a talker, but boy was she smart. You pass out papers sometimes and such, and never (in her AP science, at least) had she ever gotten less than an 'A' grade. Sure, sometimes people miss one or two and still get it, but she got every last question, multiple choice and worded answer. Once, even, she had to tape an extra piece of notebook paper on her assignment so she could extend her claim.

You look over your shoulder, to the window seat Pidge sits by. Glazed amber pupils glance right back. She looks a little stunned, in fact, with widening eyes and the need to adjust her glasses. You smile kindly, then turn around to cower. She's pretty. Like, really pretty, and really really out of your league. And based on that reaction, she probably thinks you're a creep.

On the other side of the room, Pidge looked hooked. Because she was, indeed hooked, on the pretty girl across the classroom who just turned away as quickly as she turned to Pidge. She could see sun framing her brilliant face shape. It added as well in highlighting her {eye color} eyes and {hair color} hair. Not to mention, not to be rude on Pidge's part, but she's totally single. Every time a boy had approached her, she squeaked like flustered prey. Though, those eyes seem oddly familiar, like she went to school with those eyes a few years back and remembers their old hideous haircut, just not their name. (That's how Pidge met Lance, funny enough.)

Next thing they knew, Professor M. had gone through the entire list, as well as placed experiment assignments on the lab stations. "Today's experiment will be a little more fun than we're used to, since it's our last day before winter break. Who likes sugar?"