{Keith x Reader}; Reputation [Part #1]

Character; Keith Kogane

AU; The Greatest Showman

Warnings;
•(Know that Honerva is Haggar in her Altean, pre-Galra witch person form for your own mental safety),
•extremely long

.-+*0*+-.

{2nd Person POV}

Tonight was the night. You and Lotor finally had your trapeze solo show during intermission. Most people exit the ring instead to buy food or use the restroom for the time. Despite the fact, you two had been buzzing about the privilege and practicing for it all week.

It was a true honor to the two of you that you get to work for Mr. Shirogane and join his group of unique and talented individuals for his shows, in fact, every cast member was extremely grateful that they found such a generous and accepting employer. However, you never thought it would come this far for you.

Breaking out of thought, you had a mini fight with your attire via adjusting your leotard. It was provided by the funds from the show, silky and ruffled {favorite color} fabric studded with gemstones, sequins and decorative prints of all kinds. So beautiful, but all it wanted to do was wring you dry.

After fixing the issue, you eagerly exited the changing rooms to see Lance, Pidge and Hunk on the "gossip trunk". It was their little area to go to when something new concerning upcoming shows came up. You sat on a barrel across from them and leaned in, and they let you into the conversation.

"I heard Shiro just recruited Keith Kogane as a junior partner. Rumor says that they made the deal under the influence, too." Pidge explained, and you recalled the unfamiliar man's name from street chatter.

"Isn't he the alcoholic theater producer?" You asked, and they all turned to look at you.

"Well, you're not wrong, but he's also super rich and famous! People attend his plays just because they're so expensive and high-class. Wouldn't you love to be accepted by all and get paid for it?" Hunk asked, starting to drift into fantasy.

"I never got much, so it's just me when I say I'm fine with what I have. But I have to ask; Would you rather be rich, famous and lonely; or broke, judged and with friends and family like you guys?" You questioned, and they smiled knowingly at your final sentence.

"Average and happy" they all muttered in surrender, then pulled in for a quick group hug.

You had been very cold, distant and anxious with the cast in the past, but you starting warming up to them recently, slowly but surely. They pulled away from the group hug, each of you smiling warmly all the way through it. However, it was ran short by a voice yelling;

"Y/N and Lotor! Five minutes to curtain call, get to your stands!" A stage director yelled, and adrenaline filled your chest. You weren't nervous, you were ready. You gave your friends quick goodbyes before running towards the ladder on the wall. You watched Lotor run for the other side of the building, and gave him a smile for good luck. He returned the gesture and continued his way towards his stand.

As you climbed the ladder, you noticed Shiro entering the green room behind you, another dark-haired man following behind him. Maybe another cast member, a VIP, or the legendary 'Keith Kogane'. You didn't know, watching for a second as they greeted cast members and shook hands.