{Shiro x Reader}; About Time

Character; Takashi Shirogane

AU; Half Altean!Reader

Warnings/ Should Knows;
•Requested by @pielord28483
•This one kinda sucks I'm sorry

.-+*0*+-.

You felt betrayed. Sleep was your favorite thing in the world, and you were being robbed of it. Similar to as if your best friend stole all the food from your fridge, especially the leftovers you were so excited to eat. Except, in this scenario, your friend was coming to ask for a snack after an unknown thief stole the whole freakin' appliance.

"Y/N, it's time for our workout." Shiro whispered, tapping you awkwardly in his weak attempt to wake you up. Despite coming back from doing several pushups, you couldn't even tell. He was sweating, but that was the only way you could tell. You groaned, shrugging your shoulder to shake off whatever was bugging you and dripping sweat on your arm.

He moved his hand to play with and tug on thin strands of your hair, something that made you shriek in annoyance when you were fully conscious. And oh, it worked to wake you up too, for sure. You sat up straight, arms in a fighting position, ready to hurt anything disturbing your peace.

"It's just me. How many laps do you think you can do today?" He asked, and your head turned to him, tired eyes looking into his. You looked 100% done, similar to someone who looked as if they were about to die.

"Zero." You groaned, flopping back down into the pillow you were previously laying on. You needed sleep more than you needed exercise, that's for sure. He frowned, looking at your current, raccoon eyed, sleep-deprived state.

"Y/N, did you sleep at all last night?! You don't look too good." He noted, sitting down on the edge of your bed. He was careful not to sit on your sprawled legs, but that was the least of his concerns right now. He was focused on why your under-eyes were darkly shaded, showing obvious fatigue.

He had always cared about your well being. Ever since your days together in the Galaxy Garrison, he had been harboring romantic feelings for you, and that's a long time. You did everything together, from planning lessons, to getting chewed out for watching a movie while your students worked. (You were both Educators in Training, specializing in teaching fighter pilots and recruiting new cadets.)

He cared deeply for you, but nonetheless, stayed respectfully in the best friend zone. He got more than enough attention from you, enough to make him happy. Shiro was thankful for where he was with you, he wouldn't give it up to kill Zarkon.

"I clearly got some sleep, you just woke me up." You stated sarcastically.

"Y/N."

"Shiro, it's dumb. Not that big of a deal, either." You tried to get him off your back, but he wasn't buying it. A heart-flipping gift, and a curse.

"Every time I fall asleep, I get woken up by this light! It was right in front of my face, but only when I shut my eyes to go to sleep. And I don't know where it came from. I probably sound super stupid, but it was so weird!" You rambled, trying to get your ridiculous point across. Shiro nodded and listened, trying to think of what could be causing such a phenomenon.

"That's weird." He stated, looking to the floor.

"Like I said, it's dumb. It was probably just space madness or something. How would I even get rid of it?"