{Matt x Reader}; I'm Here Now, See?

Character; Matt Holt

AU; Reader has glasses?? Glasses!Reader??

Warnings/Should Knows;
•Reader Has Glasses
•Chapter requested by @_NebulaWriting
Thanks for requesting!

.-+*0*+-.

You sat in the comfortable, plush chair in the waiting room, an orange ticket with black print being fiddled within your fingers. Posture crumpled, fear building, tears threatening to spill on the precious slip of paper. You bit your lip as you re-read it over and over again, the valuable slip of printed card-stock causing a mountain of emotions to landslide.

————————————————————
Y/N L/N,

On behalf of the Staff and Foundation of the Galaxy Garrison, we are offering to restore your vision to an unknown glory.

Glasses and lenses are distractions when it comes to missions during space travel and add difficulty to fitting suits, therefore, we are ridding you of them from now on.

Visit the Laser Technology Lab when you are prepared to have the surgery performed. We're ready when you are.
————————————————————

It was to you by Professor Iverson himself. You couldn't help but remember the event and tear up when he gave you his mini-speech about how you earned it and how much it was going to improve your life.

You see, your boyfriend, Matthew Holt, had the exact same treatment done four months ago before getting lost in space. Everyone claimed him dead, but you knew it wasn't true. He'd promised you that he'd come back, he swore on his life to you that he'd hold you in his arms again and brush your hair away, kissing you on the forehead like he did at least a thousand times a day before he left.

You missed being held tight, or randomly waking up to him prepared with bonus video game levels (illegally downloaded). He was the perfect guy for you, but he just had to go and disappear...

"Y/N L/N?" A woman dressed in a white lab coat with a small burn mark asked, looking up from a clear plastic clip board. You raised your hand awkwardly and shouted "That's me!", instantly regretting it after every pair of eyes in sight fell on you. After removing yourself from the relaxing safety of the waiting chair, you handed her your slip and followed her silently into a back room.

"So... what exactly is the procedure going to do to my eyes?" You asked, shaky breaths exiting your mouth and anxiety clustering inside your chest. The woman smiled at you and put her clip board down, throwing the slip into a paper tray and taking your glasses off.

"I'll be using a laser to fold back a thin layer of the cornea, then removing some excess tissue that's causing your nearsightedness in each eye. It won't hurt, I'll be numbing the area and inserting a sleeping drug if you're okay with it. Shouldn't take more than an hour and a half." She spoke politely as she guided you towards the bulky, tilted chair. You gulped and nodded, allowing her to put you under.

She put on a surgical mask, gave you a thumbs up, then gave you the drug shot. You could see the black spots cornering your vision, eventually taking over your sight and allowing you to enter a peaceful, painless sleep. Well, you're asleep, so you wouldn't know you were in danger.