{Merman!Lance x Reader}; Be Like You

Character; Lance McClain

AU; Mermaid Lance AU

Warnings/Should Knows;
•Salty brother Keith
•This one's all over the place just bare with me

.-+*0*+-.

The Paladins of Voltron had finally earned themselves some free time. It would- by estimate- take Zarkon several weeks to arrive at their location, so Allura gave you a generous three days off of training to relax and be yourself, which you were very thankful for.

You pilot the Blue Lion, which granted you the titles of "The Blue Paladin" and "Guardian Spirit of the Water". Even though it wasn't any water-bender type mojo, {which you had hoped for, but was met with nothing}, you still felt like you could be a little closer with your elemental buddy, H20.

Luckily, and to your delight, this planet was 62% water bodies, with over half of the land containing small pond-like aquabodies. Albeit, they were all linked as water-filled tunnels underground, each being very deep and long. You would love to explore the tunnels one day, but today was not it. Today, you were going to sit on the beach, with no one but you and yourself to big you.

Ever since you started piloting school, you had always been very lucky when it came to getting what was necessary for your plans. So, the Paladins always joked that you needed a boyfriend, or you wouldn't survive past twenty. It was all in good fun though, no harm done. You didn't know who you would even find interest in, and you didn't have time for romance anyway. This is war, and not only is it dangerous, but it becomes dangerous for your loved one.

The topic was for another time, however, as you needed to leave and get to work.

After waving everyone rushed goodbyes, you flew Blue out to the most beach-like landmark from a bird's eye view. The ground had the texture of thin sand and was a pure shimmering white that gleamed like sun on snow, something that would come to be ironic. As you came to find when you exited the lion, it was naturally very cold and smelt a lot like fabric softener. The water was pleasantly warm and clear, though. Literally, it was crystal clear. No reflection, no debris, no dirt. Just liquid.

You had foolishly left in denim shorts and a {favorite color} tank top, so you tried to keep as much skin off of the freezing 'sand' as you could. You settled on digging your toes into the wet, warm part of the beach- warm, thanks to the water soaking it- and you closed your eyes and tried to focus on the liquid covering your feet and running away. Maybe you could control it, but no one had done it yet.

After fifteen minutes of breathing, closed eyes and focusing, you heard a close sound of distant splashing. Shooting your eyelids open, you saw a vividly-blue object fall under the water at rapid speed. You unwisely thought nothing of it, and sighed before relaxing again.

After another good two minutes, you heard it off to your left this time. Your eyes hastily pried open, and you shuffled a bit backwards, crab-walk style.

"Is anyone there?..." You asked, hesitating your hand over your Bayard. After a slow ten seconds, you saw a blue flash in the corner of your eye. You began to think of carnivorous beings that could inhabit the planet, especially water-dwellers, so you sat up and headed towards Blue. However, your walk was cut off by a voice calling for you;

"Wait!" It yelled, ducking it's head back down into the water afterward. You whipped around, shuffling snow-sand to see a boy with curly brown hair, tan skin and freckles poking out of the water. He had thin webbed ears and beautiful blue irises that matched them in hue. His brows were bent with panic, yet his eyes were wide and fascinated.