{Galra!Keith x Reader}; The Monster Within [Part #1]

Character; Keith Kogane

AU; none

Warnings and should-knows;
•We hit 70K+!?! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH <333
•Requested by @Shix_Creepypasta
•The next part is gonna be real spicy and good no lies

.-+*0*+-.

.

It had been nearly a week since Keith had last left his room. In almost seven days he had never left to eat, drink, train, or talk, and no one had seen him once since he stowed himself away into the shadows of his room.

Usually, you wouldn't complain. People need their privacy and everyone needs their alone time, but this is intergalactic war. And when you're in the middle of a certain war that's been going on for ten-thousand years, things tend to get more urgent as urgencies go on.

Not to mention you had nearly broke you leg yesterday trying to connect with the Red Lion, seeing if she could contact her stubborn pilot. You found yourself without a single result, as well as on the ground, where you had fallen off of her mighty head.

Not only was Keith's attendance necessary to everyone, but his absence worried you on a personal level.

You had grown to care for him on a.. different caliber than the rest of the people you lived with onboard. He made you smile when skies were gloomy and your homesickness was breaching you. Although he isn't the best at endearing words, he tried his best and even went as far as to give you a half-second-long shoulder-wrap hug.

You felt the need to do the same for him ever since. Call it love, call it friendship, call it whatever you want. It's what you feel that counts, and it had been too long since you had felt it before then.

"Good morning y/n. Did you see Keith on your way?" Shiro asked with faux casualty, for as of late, you were the last one showing up to breakfast as opposed to second-last. You shook your head, and everyone's heads dropped to look at their food in worry.

"Maybe someone should go in there.." You muttered, and their heads all raised again. A few eyebrows lifted in knowing means, and you let a rosy pink cover your cheeks. "Not like that, we don't have to go in and solve his problems or anything, but we should at least bring him something to eat."

"Y/n, we have to consider that he might want to be alone-"

"I know Shiro, and I respect that, but we risk health when we say that every day for five days straight. He hasn't eaten anything, let alone drank any water. If not you, then someone."

Heads nodded slowly in agreement and you looked around with a proud smile, waiting for someone to take one for the team and volunteer. However, all eyes fell onto you, and your grin faded into a worried clench.

"Guys, he trusts Shiro the most! Or Lance, because he helps him all the time, o-or Hunk! He's so nice!" You try every excuse you could think of, but those nominated shook their heads or gave an excuse that you couldn't counter even if you tried. Without words, you know you had been sacrificed.

"..Fine." You mutter, getting up to prepare your closed-off teammate something- anything. On the outside, you were hesitant and kind, but on the inside, you were just hoping that this wasn't the first thing he'd have eaten in six and a half days.