Parties and Handcuffs

The brunette stuck to the blondes side, following her through the crowded house.
"It feels nice having you with me at this party!" Candy shouted over the loud music. Kate nodded her head smiling, pretending she heard what she had just said. The blonde gasped while jumping up and down before hugging the young man with long brunette hair, also known as Anthony Kiedis.

"Is that Kate? How are you!" Anthony smiled. Kate smiled back and replied, "I've been better...." He chuckled not hearing what she said as Candy kissed his neck and shoulder. He turned to his girlfriend and kissed her. Kate was now in the middle of a make-out session. Cringing, she looked away hoping the two would stop. But by the time she turned back the couple was gone, and was now making there way up the stairs to Anthony's bedroom.
She rolled her eyes and decided to go get a drink. Parties suck, she thought to herself while stumbling throughout the house. She finally found a table with drinks and grabbed her own red solo cup. Reaching for the vodka with thirst her plans were ruined when someone else's hand landed on top of hers. She turned to a very tall gentleman with curly brown hair. Kate pulled her hand away and apologized, "I'm sorry!" The gentleman laughed and replied "It's all good! I'm Chad the new drummer!" He poured the vodka into his cup and motioned to hers and she held her cup out further to him. As he poured her the drink she asked, "Your the new drummer?"

"Yep!"

"Do you know Candy?"

"Yeah she stops by the studio all the time to see Anthony!"

"I'm her best friend. I'm Kate."

"No way, your Kate? She talks about you nonstop! Glad to see your getting out of the house!"

"Well more like forced out of the house." Chad laughed at her remark and placed his hand on her shoulder saying, "It was nice meeting you. See you around." He winked vanishing into the crowd. She smiled at the fact that she just had a decent conversation with someone other than Candy. Maybe this party wasn't so bad after all, she thought to herself while walking around, swaying to the music and sipping her drink.

"My, my, my it's Katie pie!" A drunk Flea exclaimed dancing up to her. Kate had known Flea before the band. They used to be neighbors in the same apartment complex until he had decided to join the band and move out. The whites of his eyes were stained red like a lobster. Probably from smoking to much pot, Kate thought to herself. He bumped his hip with hers and laughed saying "I'm glad you came and ditched that prick, Bill! You deserve better!"

"Thanks Flea! You look stoned!"

"I feel higher than the Empire State Building!" He yelled, as she laughed along with him.
They turned to heard Chad challenging people to a chugging contest. Flea grabbed Kate's hand and raised it high exclaiming, "I'm betting my Katie Pie can out chug you!" She blushed as Flea dragged her through the crowd next to the drunk giant. Eight shot glasses were placed in front of them and everyone yelled in unison, "Go!"

Kate slammed each shot glass down and screamed along with Flea right as she beat Chad in less than a second. Everyone screamed cheering as Chad hysterically laughed lifting the blushing girl onto his shoulders.

Many drinking contests later, Kate tripped her way through the house holding an empty vodka bottle. She fell through the backdoor of Anthony's kitchen and threw up all of the alcohol she had drowned down. She wiped her mouth and clutched her ears hearing a high pitched noise. She saw flashes of blue and red coming from the front of the house before thinking to herself, shit the cops. She was wasted but immediately turned hungover when she heard the police car doors slam shut. Stumbling back into the house she jumped when she heard the sound of the front door break.

"Everyone freeze!" One police officer yelled before handcuffing people along with other officers. Her eyes widened as she shoved through crowds of panicked people. She had to find Candy. She ran through the crowd of people panicking and slammed shoulders with someone causing her to fall onto the ground.

"I'm sorry! Are you alright?" A voice asked. She looked up to an angel. He had a jaw that could cut paper and piercing eyes that stared into your soul. He had brunette hair that look as if it was dyed red, that made her want to run her fingers through it. She couldn't fawn over some guy right now. She quickly stood up before running up the stairs of Anthony's house. Opening the door to see Candy passed out over Anthony, Kate violently yanked her friend.

"Candy wake up!" Kate slurred. The blonde woke up and immediately slid her clothes on with no hesitation what so ever. The two girls opened Anthony's balcony and looked down at the major drop to the pool. Hearing the police officers footsteps coming up to the door they screamed, before holding each other's hands and jumped off the ledge into the freezing pool.

The officers ran to the balcony as the two best friends laughed at the cops, giving the middle finger. They swam to the ladder and quickly stripped as they saw the cops take off in a sprint our of Anthony's room.
"Come on!" Candy giggled in unison with Kate as they quickly stripped of there wet clothes,
and ran down the street in only there lingerie. But the two drunk girls were slow. Kate screamed as she watched Candy get tackled to the ground by a cop.

"Hey! Get off her-" Kate snapped when the other police officer yanked her hands back to handcuff them while telling both of them,
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do will be held or used against you in court. Do you understand?" The two girls were silent as they were shoved into the cop car.

What the hell just happened, Kate thought to herself. She looked at herself in the mirror to see her damp brunette curls and half naked body. She couldn't help but stifle a laugh. Hysterically laughing in the cop car she thought, I hope this is a dream.