Bad Dreams

"You sure you wanna do this?" Bill smiled holding the funnel up along with needle. Nodding her head yes, Kate turned away as Bill started to lower the needle towards her forearm. "It might hurt for a second, but the rest is pure bliss." Rolling her eyes she snapped back, "Just fucking do it." Right as the needle hit her skin she looked up seeing John. "What are you doing!" He screamed while approaching her. Standing up to run to John she couldn't. She couldn't move. Crying out for John, over and over again.

"Kate! Wake up!" John whispered hoarsely while hugging her. Sleeping peacefully, he was awoken by her crying his name out over and over again. "C'mon...Wake up." He mumbled placing a soft kiss to her forehead. Stirring he watched her eyes open as hot tears immediately poured and rolled onto her cheeks. Geez, he thought to himself before chuckling, "Bad Dream?" Nodding her head yes she wrapped her hands around his neck hugging him. "It felt so real..." she cried into his shoulder as he asked, "What happened?"

"I lost you." She cried as he pouted and softly chuckled placing his chin on top of her head, "I'm right here, silly. I'm not leaving." There hug lasted for what seemed like forever. Heavy breathing into his neck she closed her eyes and placed her head against his collar bone sighing. Looking down at her he began laughing, "Your hair is tickling my neck." She laughed and pulled away while pressing her forehead against his while asking, "What time is it?"

"Time for bed. C'mon get to sleep." John smiled looking at the digital clock that read three in the morning. "I can't." She groaned pouting her lip. Sighing John stood up throwing his shirt back on and held his hand out. Hesitantly grabbing it they slowly walked to the balcony of the apartment. It was quiet and very dark. The stars sparkled like glitter in the dark sky. "C'mon." He laughed standing on the ledge making her gasp. Rolling his eyes he lifted himself onto the roof and held his hand out to her. She slowly climbed up onto the roof and they sat on there backs looking up at the sky. Holding her hand he sighed, "Was your dream about Bill?"

"How'd you know?"

"I can tell...You've been acting different since the phone call."

"Sorry. It's just I feel like it's my fault he's in jail-"

"It's not. Don't ever think it's your fault."

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize. Dave came to your rescue?"

"Yeah...Before I was going to shoot up I wanted to leave and Bill tried to rape me-"

"He did what?! Why didn't you tell me this?!"

"I didn't want to relive the moment. But Dave came to my rescue. He knocked Bill out cold."

"Damn. I get it."

"Yeah, Dave was going to try and shoot up but once he saved me he figured it was a sign to not shoot up."

"Hm. Like what kinda sign? Love sign?"

"No! Not like that! Geez, John! Take a chill pill! Dave and I are just friends."

"Alright, Alright! I believe you."

"Thank you."

"I still can't believe that sicko tried to rape you. If I ever see him on the street-"

"Stop re-living the past! Let's think about our future..."

"You ever think about getting married, settling down, and having kids?"

"I....uh...Can't say I have. I don't see myself settling down and being a housewife."

"Me too. But I do know one thing."

"And what's that?"

"That I'm gonna make you my wife." Blushing she turned looking at him as he admired her face.

"Stop it...You don't have to marry me. Why do we need a piece of paper to prove we love each other?"

"Because I want everyone to know your mine."

"Yeah, but everyone knows that."

"Please be my wife."

"John! Aren't you rushing things?"

"I'm not asking you to marry me right now! I'm just asking you to consider being my wife in the future."

"Sure. I'll think about it." Smiling John turned away at his girlfriends promise and mouthed, hell yeah. He turned back around and continued,

"You'd look beautiful in a wedding dress."

"If we were to get married I don't want the whole entire white gown party bullshit. I would just like to go to court and get it done right there."

"What? Why! It's a special occasion! You only live once!"

"John we are not getting married tomorrow! What's gotten into you? I'm nineteen. Your twenty."

"I know! But you said let's live in the future...And I wanna live with you. Til death do us part."

"That was very poetic..."

"Thanks...Did it sound hot?"

"More nerdy...but still cute." Blushing the two looked up at the stars. Kate stared into the endless darkness, wondering what was lurking in the shadows. "Woah! Look at that star!" John exclaimed pointing to the shiny diamond like, structure floating in the sky above them. She gasped sitting up admiring the star as it shined against her hazel eyes. She yawned and rubbed her eyes making John stand up while chuckling, "Let's get you to bed. Sleeping beauty." Making there way back onto the balcony he carried her sleeping body back into the bedroom while lightly placing her underneath the covers. Sitting on the floor he smiled taking the small box that he had stored from underneath the bed into his lap. Opening the tiny brown box he looked inside to reveal something shiny sitting in the box. Smiling he pulled the small wedding ring out of the box and held it in between his fingers watching it glitter against the light. Turning back to look at her snoring he thought, soon. Soon I'll ask you to be mine.