Tours and Tears

"Candy, for the fifth time Anthony doesn't want you to go on tour with him. You know he has his rules." Kate snapped, filling out the job application on the old dirty coffee table. Candy rolled her eyes sipping the iced coffee she had purchased, along with the burnt croissant that made Kate grimace. "I don't know. He told me maybe when we had sex last night."

"That's because you two had sex last night. He just used that as a pass to get into your pants."

"Your lying."

"When have I ever lied to you! Whenever Anthony tells you maybe he means no."

"He doesn't love me then."The blonde huffed. Kate shook her head disappointed that Candy felt that way. "If anything, Anthony really likes you if he's letting you stay here. He doesn't want you getting caught up in his problems on tour."She mumbled signing her name at the bottom of the paper. She sipped the black coffee she ordered and felt the dark beverage warm her body up. Pushing her glasses up her nose, she thought about tour. She remembers hearing plenty of rock star horror stories. Girlfriends, and wives hearts being shattered by their lovers cheating on them. Once you go away from a loved one, you begin to crave them. Soon you start to go so crazy, and realize anyone could take there place. At least that's how Kate thought of it. When Candy had moved to California the same thing happened. When they met she used to talk about "James". She had never met this so called boyfriend Candy claimed to be her "soul mate". Then Candy noticed the different types of guys in California, and James became an ex real quick. She met Anthony and they've been together for about a year. Was it a bumpy ride? Yes. Kate used to call it, "the relationship from hell." Are they perfect for each other? Two flirtatious personalities obsessed with how many people they can get into there bed? Sure. Flea was surprised to see how Anthony was able to settle down for one girl. Anthony used to have a girl in his bed every week. Until he took a girl named Candy out on a date. He couldn't stop thinking about her.

The two girls made there way to the mansion, that was being cleared out of all there belongings. Kate smiled seeing a sweaty John lugging his suitcases out. He smiled and wiped the sweat off his forehead sighing, "Hey!" She helped him with his luggage making him frown but thank her anyway. She had noticed how clingy John had become all of a sudden. Probably because they were starting tour tomorrow. They were leaving tonight at seven. Was she sad? Yes. But she trusted John. She knew he wouldn't do anything. She just wished that the relationship would've lasted a little longer before he had to leave. He ran his fingers over her knuckles sitting on the steps. Looking up at the mansion she chuckled,
"Did you say goodbye to the ghost?"

"No....She's too scary. Flea told me he saw her last night."

"Woah. That's cool. You okay?" She sat down next to him on the steps seeing the frown on his face. She was surprised as he put his head into her lap looking up at the sky. "I-I don't know. I feel empty."He stuttered playing with her hair.

"Why?"

"Not sure. It's been freaking me out. I think I'm stressed because of tour."

"I'm sure you'll have fun." He shrugged and they both stood up hearing Candy's voice yell from inside of them mansion. They made there way inside to Anthony sitting in a chair getting tattooed, arguing with Candy.

"Baby, I told you! No girlfriends!"

"I'm more than a girlfriend! I'm your soulmate!"Chad stifled a laugh walking past Kate, ruffling her hair. Flea was playing with Clara making John smile and walk over to the little girl. He lightly tickled her stomach and smiled watching her laugh. Kate was trying to stop Anthony, and Candy from arguing.

"Your gonna fuck all these girls!"

"I promise you I'm not!" He snapped looking at his arm in the mirror.

"Prove it!" He rolled his eyes turning to the blonde and showing her his arm. Kate gasped, with her hand flying up to her mouth. Candy, read the tattoo in cursive. I hope that's not real, Kate thought thinking of how many times he would probably debate on getting that laser removed. "Why is my name on your arm?" Candy asked.

"So if a girl tries flirting with me, she sees I'm taken." He explained to his oblivious girlfriend who had started to tear up and hug him. He chuckled picking her up and walking out of the mansion yelling "I'm going back to my place! See ya'll tonight!" The rest of the band grumbled packing up the rest of there things. Kate decided to let John keep his stuff at her place after he told her a couple days ago he got evicted for not paying rent. The car ride was silent. The only thing that could be heard was the soft strumming of her finger nails on the dashboard. John was very quiet throughout the rest of the day making her worry. He mostly just spent most of his time glued to her side, and constantly hugging her. They sat on the couch wrapped in a blanket watching the documentary the band had filmed. She laughed at how serious John acted. She turned to face him and lightly kissed his lips. "I'm gonna miss you." She chuckled squeezing his hand.

"That's it. That's why I feel empty."He mumbled.

"What makes you feel empty?"

"Thinking I'm gonna not be with you."

"Yeah but you can call me! I'm always one call away. I promise I'll answer."

"Thank you. I just wish you could come, but I know you have classes and stuff."

"How long will you be gone?"

"About a year."

"Damn that's a long time."

"Right. I can't imagine playing the same songs, over and over."She laughed and cuddled against his side, watching him talk about the band. He seemed so devoted, and motivated to this album it made her want to go do something inspiring. As it was getting closer to seven she pulled out a box and held it out to him.

"Is this for me? You didn't have to do that."He mumbled opening he box. It was a framed picture of Kate and John at the beach. They were both giving cheesy smiles, and there hair was covered in sand. He ran his fingers over the picture and smiled seeing the note on the back that read,

Love you! :)

She smiled watching him stare at the photo and put it in his jacket pocket. He pulled out a silver chain with a key on the end of it. "Are you kidding!" She laughed at the fact he had gotten her something. After clipping the necklace around her neck he explained "The key means you've got the key to my heart. I know it sounds cheesy, but the heart necklace was too expensive-" She interrupted his rant by hugging him, hoping she could squeeze every negative thought that was flowing through his head.

"You'll call me right?" John asked scratching his head standing in front of the tour bus. Kate nodded feeling the wind blow in her face.

"Yeah. I'll always be here. Feel free to write to me. Whatever's easier. I love you John Frusciante." He held her hands and looked down at her saying "I love you Kate Viverette." The two exchanged a short, but sweet kiss and he jogged onto the bus. Candy was a crying mess, hugging Kate as she watched Anthony wave goodbye. Kate felt her stomach turn into a knot, as she watched John slightly smile and wave. He didn't seem exactly thrilled to go on tour. Until we meet again, she thought to herself as she wrapped her arms around her best friend.