Question

Kate sat up stretching. It was seven in the morning. John was missing. She stood up and stretched walking to the bathroom. She picked up his tooth brush, and proceeded to brush her teeth since they've exchanged saliva plenty of times. She walked out of the bathroom and John stood in the doorway smiling, "Morning." He was still in his pajamas like her. "Morning..."She sighed.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Yeah...How about you?"

"Good you snored a lot....I'm just kidding!" She laughed, lightly shoving him. He fumbled with his drawer and said "I found some clothes you could wear..." he handed her a striped T-shirt along with a pair of shorts. "The shorts were from a couple years ago so there too small on me." She nodded and closed the bathroom door changing into the clothes. She grabbed his cologne and sprayed it along her pulses. She opened the door and he was dressed in shorts, a button up and leather jacket. Her hair was brushed back and swayed as she walked. She made the bed, and fluffed the pillows up. John was strumming on his guitar when he said, "Hey you wanna go do something today?"

"Like what?"

"Maybe we can go take a drive up to the mountains or something like that."

"Cool. We can camp out in the car if you want."

"Yeah! Sounds fun let's do it!" The two made there way down the stairs of the house to see Candy eating breakfast with Anthony at the table. Kate avoided eye contact and grabbed an apple. The air was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. Anthony coughed trying to make conversation but nothing worked. The two girls ignored each other walking separate ways out of the kitchen. Kate couldn't look at Candy. She was annoyed. How could someone be so immature, she thought to herself shaking her head. Her and John headed out to her car. It was crammed but they figured out how to make the seats move back so they could sleep. John had decided to spend his Sunday off with Kate, to keep her mind off of Candy. Last night he barely went to sleep. He was too distracted by the fact she was crying in her sleep, and admitted she was broken.
Anthony agreed with John and was distracting Candy as much as he could. Last night at the hospital, she decided to test whether or not she was pregnant. The results came back negative, and the doctor suggested she should go on medication if she wasn't planning on having kids for extra protection. She had purchased birth control to get rid of the monthly scare she had been feeling. Anthony was still threatened by the entire situation. His girlfriend could've had a baby. A human being. He shivered thinking about the thought of being such a young parent. He wanted to have kids in his future, but not now.

"Pull up right here."John said, crunching on chips. The car stopped up at the top of the mountain viewing California. "Damn that's cool." Kate mumbled looking at the scenery. The two stepped out of the car sitting on the front hood looking at the view. The only thing that could be heard was John munching on the potato chips he had brought. "This reminds me of the time I walked in on Chad having-"

"Ew! What made you think of that?"

"Probably because I was eating potato chips when I walked in." She laughed, and shivered as the wind blew across her face, and back. He fumbled with his jacket and she leaned into him, as he wrapped the jacket around them. Her head rested on his shoulder, while they watched the sun set across California. "You wanna beer?" He asked, holding her a beer. She grabbed it and clinked glasses with him. They sat in silence enjoying the view when it started to get dark out. They squeezed into the backseat and pushed the seats forward. John pulled out two large fuzzy blankets he had bought. She wrapped the blankets across each other and curled next to Johns side. He wrapped his arm around her and closed his eyes shifting in the seat.

"John...Wake up." Kate whispered poking his side. She thought sleeping in the woods would be fun. It was scary. It was pitch dark and all she saw was trees scattered, making her imagine darker things. He stirred and sat up seeing her looking out the window.