Handcuffs. Again?

"What the Fuck." Kate grumbled, sitting up in bed to be awoken by the door bell ringing over and over again. John was sound asleep with a pillow over his head. Standing up she walked over to her slippers and slid them on making her way to the door. Peeping through the tiny hole she frowned looking at the strange man who was rubbing his nose standing in front of the door looking around. He looked about her age but he looked drained of life. Very pale, and bony. Slowly backing up without making a sound he kept ringing the doorbell and began knocking violently on it. Shaking John she whispered, "John...There's a strange guy at the door." When she heard no answer she looked down to him in a deep sleep. Thanks for your help John, she thought while rolling her eyes. Walking to the door she slowly unlocked it but kept the chain on. Slowly opening the door a little she asked, "Can I help you?" The gentleman replied, "Uhhh. Yeah. Are you Kate?"

"Yeah? Who are you?"

"It's not important. I have a delivery for you."

"I don't want it."

"Please." Looking at him she sighed pulling the chain off the door and opening it all the way. Closing the door behind her she stepped out next to him and asked, "Who is this from? Do I know you?"

"I told you. I'm not important. Here. Special delivery." He smirked handing her the packaged. Raising a brow she slowly opening it and gasped seeing the needle and large bag of white powder. "What the hell? Is this from Bill?"

"Yeah...He said you wanted some."

"I don't! Take it back!" Right as she began to hand it back the sound of a door being opened startled them. Shoving Kate to the ground, the mysterious man took off down the stairs leaving her on the floor. "Hey are you Alright?" A deep voice asked. Seeing two shiny black shoes in front of her, looking up she nodded taking the police officers hand. "Thank you. Goodnight." She smiled heading inside when he said, "Here. You dropped your package." Handing her the opened brown package she thought, oh fuck. Looking down the police officer stared at the needle and giant bag of white powder. It was silent. She was scared thinking, I look like I'm the drug addict.

The police officer snapped, "Ma'm put your hands behind your back now." Tears rolled down her eyes and she stuttered, "I-I didn't do anything! I'm being framed!" Grimacing as the tight handcuffs pinched her skin the police officer snapped while yanking her along while harshly saying, "Save the tears for court. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do will be held against you. Do you understand?" Nodding she sighed, as she was shoved into the backseat of the police car. Help me, she thought to herself looking out the window covered in bars.

"Good morning, cutie." John yawned stretching in the bed. Looking at the alarm clock he smiled as it read eleven in the morning. "Damn, we slept in." He continued turning to Kate and frowned noticing she wasn't there. "Kate?" John asked standing up and walking around the apartment. Nothing. Nobody was seen. Noticing there were two missed calls he hit the button and sat down at the kitchen table listening intently,

"John? It's me Kate....I'm in jail. I've been framed. Something happened last night and I'm scared. I think I'm actually going to jail. My court case is tonight at six. Please help me. I love you." Holy shit. What the fuck. What the fuck. How did I miss all this last night? John shivered as to many questions fired at once in his brain. Hitting the second message to place he listened, "Mr.Frusciante. Your girlfriend Kate Viverette has been arrested. Please come to the station this afternoon so we can sort everything out. Sincerely the sheriffs department." Sitting up he quickly got dressed and called Anthony to drive him.

Soon the whole band and Candy were sitting in the police station waiting to hear the news. A police officer walking out with a clipboard sat down in front of them and said, "Hello. Kate Viverette is going to be sentenced to a trial tonight after being caught with a bag of heroin. Claiming she was framed, we're going to have to run a lie detector test. We'll check the cameras of the apartment complex to see if she's telling the truth. It's very unlikely she will get out of this court case without being sentenced to at least a month or year in federal prison. We tried contacting her guardian but no answer. The second person on the list is Candy Rogers. Ms.Rogers, if you could please follow me." Candy nodded as Anthony squeezed her hand assuringly as she followed the office behind the desk. Caught with a bag of heroin? Really Kate? You better be telling the truth, John thought to himself sighing as he stood up to go smoke a cigarette outside.

"My baby." Candy sighed looking at Kate cuffed to the leg of the table she was sitting at. Hugging her best friend she sat down across from her and asked, "What happened?"

"This weird guy showed up last night. Said he had a gift for me? From Bill. It was heroin. When the police officer showed up he ditched the scene and it clearly looked like I was the druggy. But I'm not-"

"I believe in you."

"Thank you, Candy."

"The officer said they were gonna look at the tapes of the apartment complex."

"Thank goodness. Then I won't have to go to jail."

"Uhhh....About That..."

"What? Is everything okay?"

"They said you'd still have to spend either a month or year in federal prison."

"Oh my god. Oh my god. C-Candy. C-Candy. I can't go to jail. I've done nothing. This is bullshit." Tears streamed down Kate's face as she rubbed her eyes.

"I know-"

"Well it's easy for you to sit there and not worry. Your not the one going to jail. Fuck." Kate began cursing out loud and tried to stand up and yelled, "Oh wait! I can't stand up because I'm cuffed to a fucking table!" The officer came in and snapped, "Calm down Ms.Viverette."

"Hell no! I'm not going to jail-" Slamming her onto the wall, Candy gasped as the cop cuffed her ankles and dragged her out of the room while snapping, "Resisting an officers orders? That's a penalty if you go to prison. Watch your mouth, Viverette."