Relationship Problems

"Wake up...Wake up." Kate heard. She grumbled folding the pillow on top of her head. She snapped up feeling something cold pressed against her neck. Anthony sat there drinking a bottle of water. She frowned saying "Anthony...What are you doing here?"

"Long story. I got into a fight with Candy. I said some things I shouldn't have said."

"Okay...and your dragging me into this because?"

"Your her best friend. Maybe you could talk to her for me?"

"Where is she?"

"She took off with some guy. She claimed they still were coming to the concert tonight. Would you be able to talk to her for me?"

"I guess."

"Cool." After they talked for a while Kate walked him to the door. After he left she sat there on the couch running her fingers through her hair cursing. Why does he bring me into his shitty problems, she thought to herself. She was interrupted by a loud knock on the front door. She opened it to see John standing there with a guitar in his hand. "Hey! You asked me to teach you how to play the other day so...here I am!" She smiled and let him come in. She walked towards her bedroom and said "Give me a second. I just woke up." She slipped on a yellow tank top along with denim shorts and pulled her hair back into a ponytail. He was sitting on the couch strumming along to his own song.

"So A is this string?" She asked plucking at the string and he nodded. She let out a frustrating sigh leaning back into the couch. "Hey don't get frustrated! You seem like something else is bothering you...What is it?" Kate sighed explaining the whole Candy and Anthony situation. John rolled his eyes saying "They create there own problems."

"Right?!"

"Anthony usually drags me into these problems, but I guess since your Candy's best friend he wants you to talk to her."

"Yeah I guess. It's just frustrating."

"You'll manage to make everything right. Your good like that." She blushed looking away. After practicing a little more John looked at the time saying "Ah, shit. I'm late to the bands rehearsal for the concert tonight." Kate stood up helping him pack. "I'll drive you John." She smiled. The car ride was silent to the bar. She didn't know how to start a conversation. The car pulled in front of the bar and John unbuckled his seatbelt turning to her. "Thanks for driving me. See you tonight." She smiled nodding her head and he hugged her opening the car door. He froze with his back turned to her. In one quick moment he leaned back kissing her cheek and quickly jogged into the bar. She was a blushing mess. She held her cheek giggling to herself and pulled away driving around California.

She rocked out to the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the radio. She blasted the radio letting the windows down. The window flew through the car blowing her hair back and forth. She stopped at a red light when something caught her eye. A black guitar in the window of a music store made her eyes widen. It was beautiful. Her thoughts were broken by a car honking and swerving around her a voice shouting into the window "The lights green dumbass!" She gave the middle finger to the car and drove away.

Later that night Kate made her way backstage at the concert. Anthony stopped her and said "Just who I was looking for. She's here. In the front row sucking this guys face off. When the concert starts you know what to do." She nodded and found John sitting on a chair. She slowly stalked behind him and placed her right hand over his eye and left hand over his mouth. She felt something wet on her hand and she pulled away squealing. "Ew, John! You can't just lick somebody's hand!" He laughed and she sat next to him watching him play with the guitar. Right before the concert was about to start she made her way into the crowd up to Candy pulling her sleeve.

"Kate! Glad you came again! This is Derrick! My new boyfriend!" Kate smiled waving to him and pulled the blonde to the side saying "Anthony says he's sorry." She eyed Kate up and down snapping "He can suck my-" She stopped and smiled "Never mind. He never loved me anyway. Let's have fun!" The concert started and Kate watched them play. Anthony kept staring at Candy every time she made out with her boyfriend. Anthony kept making signals to Kate and she shrugged mouthing, I tried. She knew he was thinking, try harder. Towards the end of the concert they both got drunk, and more sexual in a way Kate didn't think could be possible in a public place. The man shoved his hand down Candy's shirt making Kate uncomfortable and kissed her neck. Kate looked at Anthony as they were on there last song. Anthony walked over leaning down in front of Kate singing. She raised a brow as he got closer and grabbed her face kissing her. She heard Candy gasp and saw her shove the guy off of her. Before she could pull Kate off of Anthony she was beat by John who pulled Anthony back yelling "Your an asshole, Anthony!" Kate raised a brow as John grabbed her hand pulling her onto the stage. Her face turned beat red as he pulled her off stage with him.

He walked ahead dragging her along with him. "J-John!"She stuttered as she barely kept up. He snapped "He has no right to do that to you! Just because he wants his girlfriends attention! He didn't even ask you!" They reached outside and he lit a cigarette pacing back and forth. She shivered in her tank top and John turned tossing his zip up sweatshirt. She nodded sliding it on watching him rant to himself. She grabbed his hand and snapped "John Frusciante! Don't worry about me." He looked her in the eyes and ranted "But how could he just kiss you when he knows that....nothing."

"He knows what, John?" She asked running her fingers through her hair staring at him.

"That I like you! Are you happy now?!" He snapped running inside slamming the door shut. Her eyes widened and she sprinted opening the door trying to catch up with him. She ran past Anthony and Candy making out on a couch nearby. She accidentally bumped into Chad and mumbled sorry. She ran to the front of the building outside and he was gone.
I'm sorry, she thought to herself kicking the wall.