Happy and Healthy

"Stay still!" Kate laughed while slowly moving the razor down John's face. He smirked at her face that was concentrating on the razor. The two were currently sitting on the floor of the bathroom. John's back was against the door while Kate sat in his lap as she proceeded to shave his face.

"Ow!" John yelped while holding his cheek. Kate quickly panicked before throwing the razor into the sync and asking, "I'm so sorry! Are you alright? Let me see!" His groans slowly turned into laughs before he smiled, "I'm joking! You should've saw the look on your face!" She rolled her eyes before throwing the towel at him and scoffing.

"I'm sorry! Come here! Let me give you a kiss!" John smiled before making a kissy face, his face covered in shaving cream. "Ew. Get away from me!" She laughed while standing up and trying to make her way out the bathroom door. But it was too late. John laughed as he smushed his face against hers.

"Ew! John!" She yelled out loud, as he laughed louder at the beard of shaving cream smeared across her face. He hugged her tight and mumbled an apology before wiping her face with a towel. He grabbed the razor and began to finish shaving his face as she made her way outside of the bathroom and finished packing their bags for the flight the next morning. Moving the bags off the bed the brunette fell back into the soft sheets making a soft 'thud' noise. She began to think about everything. Why she was in her dads house. Shooting up. Breaking up with John. Taking John to rehab. Everything was tying together as she sat there. Tears slowly began to fall down the girls face as she stared at the ceiling. A loud ringing noise filled her ears as she closed her eyes remembering the dreaded night that ruined her life as if it were yesterday.

Kurt smiling at her, "Hey. It's fine. Everything's fine. Okay? You don't have to do it if you don't want to. You never know? You might like it." He leaned in and placed a soft kiss against her lips before asking, "What do you say? We'll do it together." She should've said no.

"I didn't say no." Kate softly cried before pressing her face into her hands. She began to shake while remembering the sharp pain of the needle entering her skin for the first time. The rush of adrenaline she got after one shot that made her yearn for more. The second encounter at the hot tub when Courtney left her purse. Her arm pounded as if she were shooting heroin for the first time. Her head pounded as if it were the first time she had ever experienced a hangover. Her breath hitched as if it were the last take of oxygen she would ever get. The girl began to sob, and remember everything so fast she didn't even know John was shaking her.

"Kate! I'm here! Come on, snap out of it!" John pleaded before taking hold of her hands and staring into her eyes. She finally came back into reality. John was the light that had brought her out of the darkness. She began to softly cry again before being embraced into his warm arms. Everything was too painful. Everything was still fresh. She couldn't go.

"John..."Kate sniffled while staring at the wall ahead of her.

"Hm?" He asked while rubbing his hand slowly up and down her back.

"I-I can't go. You can go. I can't."

"If your not going, I'm not going."

"John, please. Go."

"Why don't you want to go? You were so excited."

"Everything's too painful. I'm remembering why I'm here with you. My memories with Kurt. My memories with Courtney. I can't face them yet. I remember my overdose as if it were yesterday. The thought of not seeing your face or anyone's face ever again makes me scared. Please don't make me go."

"Hey. I would never make you go. Ok? I'm going to stay here with you. Ok? It's all good. I'll call Kurt and explain everything. He'll understand. Ok? I completely understand."

"I feel so bad. You bought the tickets. You wasted your money. I promise I'll pay you back."

"Hey. My money was not wasted. As long as I get to spend my time with you I'm happy." She began to shake and remember the same night again. Except it was after she had done heroin. She remembered John finding her. She remembered John kissing her for the first time in months. She remembered the way his lips tasted sweet and softly whispered into her ear,
"I'll take care of you. I'll make everything right. I'll rebuild my world for you. I want to put you before myself. I want to have a life with you. I want to start over. I want to fall back in love with you over and over again. I won't make you regret it. Please?"

Too many memories. The good wouldn't of happened without the bad. If only it could. If only she could go back in time and change her mistakes. But this was the real world. Where it didn't matter who you were. Every choice has a consequence. Kate snuggled closer into John's neck as he slowly leaned back into the sheets staring up at the ceiling. He began to remember. Seeing Kate's body, black and blue, being wheeled out on a stretcher. He remembered the cries coming from Candy as if it were yesterday. He remembered holding Kate's hand in the hospital as if it were yesterday. Tears pricked at his eyes as he quickly shook the thoughts away and hugged her tighter before mumbling, "I will never let you out of my sight again. I love you so much. Life is too precious. I'll stay here with you. If your not ready to travel by the time the global tour comes I'll quit. I'll drop the band and stay here with you. Nothing makes me happier than knowing your happy and healthy."