Glue

"How's the album coming?" Kate smiled twirling the phone chord around her finger.

"It's coming along. I've never been so devoted to anything in my life."John explained sitting on his bed listening to himself talk. "Enough about the album. How have you been? You've been quiet. It's not like you."

"I've been okay. School has been tiring me out. I had to take a test today on pharmaceutical drugs that I'm pretty sure I failed. I couldn't remember anything."

"I'm sure you did fantastic. A+!"

"I wish. No matter how hard I try I still end up doing bad. The teacher just favors the kids who cheat, and copy the answers."

"That sucks Kate. I can help you study, you know. I may know nothing about pharmaceutical drugs, but I'm a pretty good teacher! Just think of how good your getting at playing the guitar!"

"I only know three keys now."

"Yeah but you only knew one last week! Progress is a good thing! The tortoise did win the race!"

"I guess. I don't know if I want to be a pharmacist after all. I haven't been sleeping well. I keep thinking I made the wrong decision."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know...It sounded cool at first, but I can't see myself pouring pills into a bottle for the rest of my life."

"I see what your saying. I'm lost too. Yesterday Flea took me to a park and asked me what I liked about the band...."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. I said I don't know. I told him I liked playing with him."

"What did Flea say?"

"He asked me if it was worth staying for him and I didn't know what to say. I enjoy playing. I've just been getting nervous for tour. Our album is gonna be released to the world. I don't know if I'm ready for that."

"John....Don't change for the world. Just stay true to who your are, and everything will work out fine. Back to the band, just follow your heart and what you feel. Nobody can tell you how you feel."

"Alright, thank you for the advice. Are you gonna head over tonight for dinner with Candy? Chad got the horror movie Children of the Corn! It's supposed to be spooky!"

"So your telling me to come over and watch a horror movie in a haunted mansion?"

"Yes."

"I'm in."She heard him laughing through the phone.

"Cool. What are you doing today?"

"I'm gonna go run some errands. Groceries, the boring stuff."

"I wish I could go but I'm stuck in this haunted house recording."

"Ooooh! Don't let the ghosts get you!" She teased hearing him fake scream through the phone.

"Get me? No way! Alright I better go do something productive. See you tonight! Bye!" She mumbled bye into the phone rolling in her bed. Good morning calls from John made her day. She felt like she could tell him anything. Something was bothering her. The fact that John told her he wasn't sure if he was happy or not being in the band. She made her way to her car sitting in the tan leather seats. She turned the music up and lowered the window feeling the wind blow through her hair. Pressing on the gas pedal as she pulled into the grocery market. She hated shopping for food. She was always afraid she would hit somebody with her shopping cart, or someone would hit her.

She sighed pushing the metal cart into the frozen food isle. She hated this part of food shopping. She had to make her decisions fast before it would be too late and the food would go bad from not being refrigerated properly. She quickly chucked the frozen fries, and pizzas in the cart storming to the register. Almost there, Kate thought to herself pushing the cart through the parking lot. As she loaded the trunk with groceries the wind picked up, making the cart fly down the parking lot. "Shit! Come back!" She yelled chasing the cart. The cart was heading full speed into a car. It definitely was gonna leave a dent if she didn't move faster. She quickly pulled the cart back behind her falling, and hitting her head on the cars side window. She cursed hitting the ground, holding the ache on the side of her head that was starting to leave a bruise. She shoved the cart to an empty side of the parking lot and stomped back to the car.