Young Love

A couple weeks had passed and Kate was going through changes. Her stomach was starting to get bigger. She had a small bump and it was driving her crazy. Since she couldn't afford an abortion, her and John agreed to put the baby up for adoption once it was born. For the babies sake they both knew they weren't ready to be parents. The baby would have a better life with people who were ready and prepared to be parents. She was getting tired. Very tired. She started wearing looser shirts because she was embarrassed of the bump. Things felt different. She noticed how Candy became more gentle around her. And how Anthony would always do her chores for her. The biggest problem was she couldn't drink. All she had been craving was a sip of beer. But Candy would constantly hawk over her and give her water or soda instead.

She hadn't visited John in two weeks. She couldn't bare to see him. She didn't know how he would react to these physical changes. After finally gaining the courage she decided she would visit him. Walking into the rehab center with a very baggy sweatshirt and shorts on, she walked up to the front desk awaiting to be escorted to Johns room. Her heart pounded a thousand miles per hour as she turned the cold door knob before stepping into the small room.

"Kate!" John exclaimed hugging her tight. She smiled and slowly hugged back feeling his warmth. Pressing his forehead against hers he laughed, "Why are you wearing a big sweatshirt? It's eighty five degrees outside!" Shrugging she sat on his bed playing with her hair. Smirking he got down on his knees and kissed her forehead as he slowly lifted her sweatshirt up. Her hands flew down to his as she mumbled, "I'm really cold, John." Frowning he noticed how hot her forehead was when he kissed it mumbling, "Bullshit. What's wrong?" Turning away from him she crossed her arms and faced the wall.

Spooning behind her he wrapped his hands around her waist looking at the back of her head. "I'm starting to look pregnant. It's gross." He heard her voice crack. Facing him she took the sweatshirt off to reveal her slightly bumped stomach. Tugging at the stretched sports bra she had on she mumbled, "This sports bra is the only thing that fits me now. I don't like to wear tight shirts because you can see the bump." Lightly placing his hands on her stomach he pressed his forehead against hers looking down. John never realized how much of a physical and straining toll this was going to be for her. There was a human being inside of her. The whole entire thing seemed surreal to him. He wanted her to live her life. Before she decided to have kids. She was being forced to grow up to fast.

"I just want to drink." She laughed making him smile. Smirking he laughed, "I guess the good thing is your chest has filled in nicely-" He laughed as she swatted at his head. He gasped looking down as he felt something move. "Holy shit! It's like the movie Alien! Where the alien pops out of the guys stomach!" John explained making her hysterically laugh as she leaned back against his pillows. He smirked and began tickling her as she began to laugh again. There laughing was interrupted as the door started to open. She quickly flung her sweatshirt on and smiled at the nurse who walked in.

"John? Your scheduled for your therapy session now. I'm sorry for interrupting." John smiled looking at Kate as she nodded grabbing her purse. "Hey. Visit me tomorrow?" He asked. She nodded and hugged him before leaving. Making his way down the hallway with the nurse he had a pit in his stomach. He always felt uncomfortable spewing information out to a random person, but if it was gonna help him get one step closer to leaving rehab he'll do whatever it takes. Nodding his head at the older gentleman with a clipboard he sat down on the leather seat gripping the arm rests tight.

"Tell me about your life so far, Mr.Frusciante." The man said getting his pen ready to start writing.

"Okay...Well my girlfriend is pregnant. I feel like an asshole. It's my fault. She can't afford an abortion so we're gonna put the baby up for adoption."

"I see. Why do you feel it's your fault?"

"Because when I was on heroin I felt the constant need to have her. And she loved me so much she didn't want to lose me."

"Do you feel that her being pregnant has caused you to realize more about how addicted you were to heroin?"

"I guess? I don't know. She's always been here for me so when I was on tour without her I felt drugs could replace the pain I was feeling."

"Hm. Did you ever consider cheating on her at some point on tour?"

"U-Uh. Yeah. I did."

"Would you care to explain?"

"No. I don't want to."

"Mr.Frusciante you have to. It's all apart of the treatment-"

"This isn't treatment. Taking medicine is treatment. Your just having me sit here and make me feel like the piece of shit I am-" Standing up John ran out of the room hearing the man call to him. Wiping the tears that were being forced out of his eyes he kept thinking about the night Kate had left New York City.

"No! Don't leave me, please." John cried in the middle of the street as Kate pleadingly stood there holding the door of the taxi open.
"I'm sorry, John. I want to stay. But you know I can't. I'll call you. Okay?" She had to slowly pry her hand away from his before getting in the cab. Sitting on the curb he smoked a cigarette hoping the cab would turn around. But it didn't. Cursing to himself he ran his fingers over his shaved head. Making his way to a bar he drank his feelings away. A girl in a short tight red dress approached him. Her straight long black hair swayed behind her waist. Placing her fingers along his jaw she smiled, "Hey handsome. I'm Kate." Her name was Kate. John was so drunk everything looked very blurry. This made him believe it was his girlfriend Kate. He laughed and slurred, "I know silly. Your my girlfriend." The non-girlfriend Kate laughed saying, "I knew you recognized me from the concert! My friends didn't believe you saw me mouth my name to you. Don't you think it's a little early to call me your girlfriend?" Shaking his head no John slurred, "We've been together. The minute I saw you. You were mine." Blushing she grabbed his hand and whispered, "Hey you wanna get out of here?" Nodding he followed her out of the bar into the dark streets of New York. "I didn't think you would come back to me. Don't you have to catch a  flight?" He slurred entering the elevator of the hotel. The fan laughed, "I cancelled my flight to Pennsylvania. I heard the Chili Peppers added an additional concert so I wanted to see if I could find you. And here you are." He drunkenly smiled, "Here I am."