This is It

"I can't believe this!" John snapped while entering the Viverette household, slamming the door shut behind him. "Well hello to you too." Kate mumbled to herself before turning to face a pissed off John who was holding a magazine. Four weeks had passed since the argument between John and Anthony. Four weeks since the other band members had talked to John. Four weeks since Candy had talked to Kate. The couple was very lonely at the moment. John lightly tossed the magazine to Kate and mumbled, "Turn to page ten." She hesitated at first, then grabbed the magazine before continuing to quickly flick through the pages until she came across a photo of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and their new guitarist.

"Dave Navarro? Dave's the new guitarist?!" Kate exclaimed, examining the photo to make sure it was him. John nodded before pulling out the kitchen chair and taking a seat before mumbling, "I didn't even know he could play guitar."

"So he's going on the global tour?" Kate asked herself while reading the article. The band seemed to be doing just fine. Meanwhile John's heart was slowly breaking. He loved to play the guitar. He just felt so lost being in the band but he missed Flea's wisdom, and Chad's jokes. It was like Anthony was trying to piss John and Kate off. He knew John hated Dave. He knew the relationship Dave and Kate had. He knew the painful memories that were created, and had left deep scars. But Anthony didn't care about that. He cared about having a guitarist for the upcoming global tour. And Dave was one of his closest friends. It made sense to recruit him. But kicking John out in a matter of seconds with no explanation was ridiculous. The couple was barely surviving. Kate was back to working at the pharmacy. John went out everyday in search of a job, but so far no luck. John had never had an actually job before. He was young, and joined the band right after high school. Kate was young but instead of joining a band, she went to college instead. They were trying to pay the house bills. Of course Kate's father helped but the couple felt bad. They wanted to pay. John felt the worst. He felt he had worn his welcome. He didn't have a job. He was living with his girlfriend and her dad. He felt bad. He wanted to support Kate. He wanted to take care of Kate. He wanted to make money so he could pay the bills. But that wasn't going to happen any time soon. Guilt overcame him as he sat their in silence. She softly bummed while coming up behind him, and began to stroke his head before asking, "What's going on in that head of yours?"

"A lot of things. You, me, the band. Stress. Anxiety. Fuck, your so good to me Kate." John sighed before grabbing her hands and taking a deep breath, collecting his thoughts. "John. Are you ok?" Kate asked before John sighed once again, "No...No I'm not. Kate. I'm not helping you. I'm not supporting you financially. I can barely take care of myself. I feel so bad."

"What do you mean? What are you trying to say?" She asked before slowly letting go of his hands.

"I...I think we should split up. For now at least. I need to get myself settled. I can't live here in your house. I need to get a job. I need to buy my own house or apartment. I want my life back. Everything bad that has happened is because of me. Maybe Anthony's right. Maybe I do need to find out who I really am." He explained, his eyes starting to tear. His heart felt as if it were breaking. He loved Kate. Words couldn't describe how much he loved her. But right now he felt like he was taking advantage of her. He couldn't let himself sit in her house all day without paying any bills.

"Y-Your going to leave me?" She stuttered, tears starting to form in her eyes as well. She wasn't mad at John. He made a fair point. But the both of them had been through so much together in so little time. Maybe they're relationship needed a fresh start. Right now they seemed to be going nowhere. Both of them would just spend the day in bed. They both knew this was unhealthy. They didn't want it to be unhealthy, but it was. There were days where they just wanted to be with each other, hand in hand

"I don't want too, Kate. I really don't want to leave you. B-But I have to. I love you so much. I really do. I think we both just need to go our own separate paths for a while. You have a job at the pharmacy but I know your not happy there. Find a job you love. I want you to enjoy yourself. I don't want you to be slaving in a drug store for hours just to support me." Johns hands were now cupping Kate's face, wiping away her tears with his thumb. They softly smiled at each other before she leaned in, placing her soft lips against his. The kiss was short and sweet. Nodding her head she mumbled, "Are you sure this is the best decision?"

"I think so".

"I think so too."

"You know I'll always love you right?"

"Yeah...Can I keep the ring on that you gave me?"

"Yeah. We're not breaking up. We're just taking a break and separating for financial purposes, as well as for the sake for our state of mind."

"Do you think we'll meet again?"

"Absolutely. A girl like you is hard to not notice" John joked while trying to make light of the depressing situation. Hours passed by as the house grew silent. The only thing that could be heard was a few faint sniffles, and the sound of bags being zippered shut. Slowly walking John to the front door she softly cried, "We'll meet again, John Frusciante?"

"Yes, Kate Viverette."

Authors Note~
Surprise! We are at the end of this fan-fiction.  The good news? This story isn't over. I will be making a part two to continue this story. There were just so many chapters I figured it would be best to make a part two. I've been facing a little bit of writers block lately, but I would definitely keep an eye out for the second part of Take My Breath Away. I'll try to make an announcement when I publish the story. *Heads up, chapter one of part two might be released by the end of this week :)
THANK YOU ALL for your support of this fan fiction. This is the first fan fiction I've ever written so it's a little rusty, but I appreciate all the support and reads it has been given. I never even thought this story would get one read lol. THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT :)

SEE YOU IN PART TWO ;)