Best Friends

"Really? He's talking about getting married?" Anthony asked Kate as he looked in the review mirror of his car before turning into the parking lot of the mall. "Yeah...It was kinda out of nowhere last night." She said closing his car door shut as the two made there way inside the building. "Who knew a nineteen year old would have more of an intense love life than me?" He laughed holding the door open for her.

"Oh shut it Anthony!" Kate sighed running her fingers through her hair.

"Sorry! Geez. You guys have been dating for almost two years. That's still young."

"Thank you! Yet Johns practically telling me to go start looking for a wedding dress."

"You'd wanna do the whole party? Dress? Church?"

"No. I said if we were to get married I'd only go to court and get it done there."

"That's a good idea. Your not like Candy. She's looking at cakes, dresses, and bouquets. Yet I don't plan on asking her now."

"You've guys have been together for almost three years! Ah! That's so impressive for you Anthony!"

"Shut it, Kate! That's why I brought you with me. What would Candy want on our three-year anniversary?"

"I don't know."

"Then why did I bring you?"

"Hmmmm. Because your my best friend?"

"Wait didn't you re-rank me?"

"What????No....I don't know what your talking about."

"Yeah,right."

"How about clothes? She likes clothes?"

"Are you an idiot, Kate? Remember our first anniversary I got her clothes and she thought I was telling her she was fat."

"Yeeesh! Don't remind me. That was rough."

"Your telling me. I'm mentally scarred from that." He shivered looking at the clothing store as they walked by.

"Oh! Here! She likes jewelry!" Kate smiled grabbing him by the hand leading him into the store. "I'm not getting a fucking ring-" Anthony said very loudly making her slam her hand against his mouth and snap, "I know. How about a necklace? She's always wearing them?" Nodding his head in approval the two walked up to the display case of pretty necklaces.

"Hmm. I don't know." Anthony mumbled leaning against the case.

"I got a good idea! Why don't you get your name on a necklace! You can give it to her! You have a tattoo of her name! It would be perfect!"

"Your right...Lets do it!" Anthony smiled before waving the employee over.

After shopping for more gifts they decided to get some food and go to the beach. Sitting in the parking lot of the beach and looking out at the waves Anthony smiled while pulling the necklace out of the fancy case. Anthony, it read in gold as it glittered against the sunlight. Putting it back in the box, Kate leaned in the backseat and grabbed the extra boxes and gift bags she had brought. Grabbing the items he had bought she put them in the fancy gift bags, wrapping them with a pink bow. The four presents sat in the back seat of his car, as she grabbed his soda and took a sip of it while moving her seat back.

"Thanks for coming with me today." He said watching her nod before grabbing a French fry.

"Yeah, no problem. I needed to get out of the house."

"Did you find a job yet?"

"No."

"I might have one for you. We need a decorator on tour to design the rooms we stay in so it feels like home. Would you be willing to do it?"

"Hell Yeah! Thank you, best friend!" She laughed reaching over the seat to hug him. They slowly pulled away from the hug and he shrugged before saying,

"Don't worry about it. You'll make a decent amount of money on tour. And Candy is your assistant. So you two will be able to come with us on our next tour!"

"Holy shit. Anthony. Thank you." Winking he started the car and smirked, "I just hope these presents you made me get work, best friend."

"You called me best friend! I'm your best friend!"

"I didn't say anything..." he lied before pulling out of the parking lot.

"An anniversary party?" John asked Kate as she nodded while washing the dirty dishes in the sink.

"Yep. It was obviously Candy's idea. I mean three years is a good relationship status for Anthony."

"Yeah, Your right. Did you know Candy before they met?"

"Yeah. She would pick me up from High School and drive me home. I met Anthony about a year after that when they started dated. Soon he would pick me up, with Candy in shot gun."

"Cool. What time is this party."

"In an hour. I don't wanna be late so I'd hurry up and go shower if I were you."

"I smell?"

"Uh, Yeah! I can smell you from here?" She joked. Wiping her hands she placed the clean dishes in the cabinet. Turning around she gasped as John pressed himself against her while smirking, "I got a better idea of how we can spend this hour?"

"Oh really? And what may that be?" She smirked wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You, me. The bedroom." He laughed before lifting her into his arms and taking off into a sprint to the bedroom.