Polaroids

It was dark. The only thing that could be seen in the hotel room was the digital alarm clock that read six o'clock in the morning. Two bodies were tangled under neath a thin layer of sheets. John and Kate were passed out asleep, she was wrapped in his arms as he was spooned against her. They were doing a couple shows this week in New York. After all the concerts, Kate was going to head back to California. She had no job at the moment. She had received a call she was fired for missing a couple days of her shift. She didn't seem to care, but she knew how much of a struggle it was going to be to work back up to her regular salary. Was she annoyed? No. Because John needed her. She was worried about the fact he was offered drugs. It was still bothering her. What if he lied? She thought,  sitting up in the bed rubbing her eyes. She watched John who was hugging her waist sound asleep. Rubbing her fingers across his shaved head, she was deeply in thought.

He stirred looking up at her and smiled stretching across the old bed. "Morning." He yawned pressing his forehead against hers. He lightly pressed his lips against hers chuckling. The door was opened by Flea walking in exclaiming, "Rise and shine! Early bird gets the worm!" The two groaned, rolling out of the bed.

"Who knew Anthony would be a diva when it came to getting his photo taken." Kate joked with Candy watching them get there pictures taken. She kept laughing at John making his weird facial expressions, and flexing his noodle arms. Candy picked up the Polaroid camera and pulled Kate along with her into the bathroom.

"Let's take some good pictures!" The blonde exclaimed snapping pictures. The two girls laughed obnoxiously posing like the guys. Kate gave the middle finger smiling at the camera.

"Ooh! I like that one!" Chad smiled picking up the Polaroid of the two girls giving the middle finger. John smirked looking at the Polaroid, and his girlfriend. Anthony pulled Candy against him and smiled, "Let's take a group picture!" Kate jumped into Johns arms and he lifted her up, sticking his tongue out. Flea was holding Clara up and Chad was standing tall behind giving the peace sign. They all laughed looking at the Polaroid. It looked like one giant family reunion photo. John cringed thinking about his crappy family reunions. When he met Aunts he never knew he had, who smelt of cheap perfume and would pull at his cheeks complimenting how handsome he was. Kate never had family reunions. Her family was small and secluded. That's how she liked it. Not having to worry about unknown relatives gave her less of a stress.

After the concert, they all decided to go to a club and party. John laughed watching Kate drunkenly dance with Chad. She was jumping up and down screaming waving her hand in the air of the loud club. He promised himself he wouldn't drink, so he could take her home safely. When he saw she was starting to fall he jogged over catching her swinging her flailing body over his shoulder.

"C'mon. Your way too drunk for more alcohol." He mumbled walking out of the club, while the girl was complaining.

"John! Your soooooo mean!" She slurred.

"Good. How much did you drink anyway?"

"7."

"Glasses?"

"Bottles."

"Damn. How do you fit that in there." He laughed tickling her stomach.

"Hold me closer tiny dancer!" She screamed singing the song over his shoulder.

"Your gonna regret all that alcohol later."

Later in the middle of the night, Kate sat up in bed with a pounding headache. She looked down at the black dress she managed to squeeze into and took off into a sprint into the bathroom. John followed and held her hair back just in time before she started to throw up. He brought her a glass of water and painkillers to get rid of the headache. He came back to see her dress was on the floor and she was leaning against the wall in her bra and underwear staring off. He sat down next to her holding the glass of water up to her lips. She slowly sipped as he held the back of her head.

"Thank you." She mumbled leaning against his chest. "I drank too much."

"Eh, don't worry about it. I still love you. Even though you got a little bit of throw up on my shirt."  She laughed walking out of the bathroom to change. She slipped on baggy shorts and a sweatshirt watching John come back with a clean shirt. "Now, back to where we were." He smirked slowly picking her up and placing her in the bed. She hugged his side feeling the warmth of his body. He watched the necklace he had bought for her glitter in the light. He lightly played with the chain in his hands mumbling, "Your wearing the necklace I got you." She continued hugging his side closing her eyes hoping to fall asleep. He slowly ran his fingers through her hair. They both were awoken by loud moans coming from the room next door. Uncomfortable laughter erupted between the couple hearing Anthony and Candy having sex. John slammed his fist on the wall and teased, "Hey! Tone it down!" Kate laughed standing up and motioned for him to follow her.

The two sat in the hot tub of the hotel, relaxing. It was very late, but Kate couldn't go to sleep. She slowly was dunking herself under water until John exclaimed, "Kate! Are you crazy! Your gonna boil your brain!" She stuck her tongue out and dunked herself under the hot water. She screamed as John smirked hoisting her up and throwing her into the pool which felt fifty degrees cooler than the hot tub. He jumped in after her, wrapping his arms around her.

"It's so cold!" She yelled making him hush her as her voice echoed throughout the room. They stared at each other for a minute slowly leaning into each other. She wrapped her legs around him and placed her chin on his shoulder looking off at the wall.

"Would you ever want to meet my parents?" He randomly asked swaying in the pool.

"Yeah. I'd love too!"

"Cool. Sorry if that was random. My mother called me last night."

"Really? Was she happy to hear from you?"

"Yeah. I told her I had a girlfriend. She said she would like to meet you after I told her you got arrested."

"John! Why would you tell her that!"

"Because it's funny!" She smacked his chest sighing.

"What am I going to do with you?" She sighed.

"I can think of a couple of things." He smirked leaning in and kissing her.