Apologies

Surprisingly instead of spending time in the bathtub like she usually does, Kate has spent the past couples days in her bed. The dark apartment had been left unattended for a long time. Candy grimaced stepping over the empty wine and beer bottles. Geez she went harder on the alcohol than I thought she would, Anthony thought while following his girlfriend throughout the apartment. He had a lot on his mind at the moment. After firing Dave for "artistic differences," he felt like an ass. But he was happy John had been released from rehab, and was clean. He was happy to have him back to the band. I think Kate forgot John got released, he thought to himself watching Candy fumble with the locked bedroom door. Pushing past his girlfriend, he took a credit card out of his pocket and swiped it through the lock triumphantly smirking as he pushed the door open.

"Damn she really let herself go this time." Candy sighed picking up five more empty wine bottles, tossing them in the trash can Anthony was holding. The couple looked at the brunette who was sound asleep while wrapped in three different blankets. Her frizzy hair stuck to the mattress like an unhealthy relationship. Shaking the bony girl Anthony laughed, "Rise and shine princess." Groaning she turned away from Anthony hoping she could smother his annoying voice away. Fuck off, she thought to herself. Watching Candy stomp over to the curtains she yelled, "No!" But it was too late. Sunlight shined throughout the dark room making her hiss and curl underneath the blanket.

"I didn't know you converted into a vampire on your mini vacation, secluded from the world." Candy sarcastically said while rolling her eyes before continuing, "You can't keep doing this to yourself when you go through a breakup."

"I can't help it. The alcohol is practically begging me to drink it." Kate sarcastically said scratching the back of her head before sighing, "Oh shit. I stayed in bed for three days? I thought it was only two days." Pulling her out of bed Candy groaned, "C'mon. Go shower. You smell." Rolling her eyes at her best friends remark, Kate stood up slamming the bathroom door shut. Turning the faucet of the bathtub on she smiled watching the hot water fill the tub. Slowly stepping into the steamy tub she sighed as her body was enveloped in a comforting warmth while thinking, I haven't taken a bath in forever. Now I wonder why I've been so unhappy while showering. Placing her head against the back of the tub she watched bubbles stir and float against the hot surface. Realizing it was Monday she gasped sitting up while thinking, Oh shit. Johns been released from rehab. Which means I have a slighter chance of running into him on the street. No, no, no. This is bad. Very bad. What if Candy's here to take me to go see him? I can't see him. I'll act like a fool. What would I even say to him? Maybe I can drown myself. That way I can avoid any social environments. I'm a genius.

"What's taking you so long!" Candy snapped banging on the door of the bathroom before continuing, "I wanna go for a drive around town." A drive around town? What am I an idiot? Your taking me to see John. I'm not a dumbass, Kate smirked to herself while slowly stepping out of the tub. Opening her bathroom door to Candy sitting on her bed she raised a brow while asking Kate, "Why are you glaring at me?"

"I refuse to see John."

"He just got out of rehab. He's been asking to see you-"

"Fuck that."

"Give him a chance."

"No. Is he back in the band?" Anthony's voice yelled from the living room, "Yeah! Dave had artistic differences!" Rolling her eyes Kate turned to Candy continuing her rant,

"I will not give him a chance. I need time."

"Three days wasn't enough?"

"Uh, no! Three days was not enough time to recover from someone who cheated on you! Especially after they kept it secret from you!"

"C'mon, Kate. Johns a nice guy. He didn't mean it."

"Your terrible at dictating my love life! I listened to you and had sex with Dave, but that ended up being terrible."

"I knew it! I knew you had sex with Dave! I heard he has nipple rings-"

"Shut up! Get out of my room!" Kate snapped pushing Candy out of her room.

"Geez! Sorry! I'll be waiting out here. You are coming to the band rehearsal with us! Whether you like it or not!" Candy threatened before exiting. She definitely will not leave without me, Kate thought to herself while shivering. Walking over to her closet she groaned kicking the wall while thinking, He's gonna hate me. Why does everyone hate me? Sliding the black shorts and striped T-shirt on, she blow dried her hair wishing she could melt into the floor.

"He doesn't want to see me!" Kate argued with Candy before being shoved into the bar. "Katie-pie!" Flea yelled spinning her around while Chad exclaimed, "It's been forever, where ya' been?" Laughing while being put on the floor she shrugged sighing, "I've been home. Laying low." Fuck, she thought to herself seeing John adjust his guitar straps. He got a hair cut. He looked like he never took drugs. It made her happy. Reminding her of the first time they met. Looking up at her she turned her head away from him. "Are you excited to see us live tonight?" Chad asked Kate smiling. Nodding her head she smiled back, "Yeah! I'm excited. It should be fun. I haven't been to a rehearsal in a long time!"

Fumbling with her hands she sighed to herself sitting in the chair behind the stage. Candy yet again ditched Kate, to go make out with Anthony. Now she was left alone. Fumbling with his guitar John bit his lip while watching her thinking, should I go up to her? What would I say? Trying to quietly walk up next to her he tripped. Shit my guitar! He thought to himself. Right before he hit the floor, and his guitar would smash into pieces Kate launched forward grabbing his arms, keeping him up from the ground. Blushing he looked at her and mumbled, "Thank you."

"No problem..." Walking away she tripped over his shoe making him grab her by the waist laughing, "Woah! Double save!" Laughing she brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I'm glad your out of rehab." She smiled looking up at him.

"Thanks. I'm happy too. I got everything settled with the abortion."

"Really? I'm proud of you."

"Thanks. I missed you."

"Me? You missed me?"

"How could I not?"

"Ah! Stop! Your making me blush!"

"I can do more things." He smirked making her smack his chest. Turning away she watched the band start to huddle and she said, "Well, I guess I'll see you out there?"

"Yeah. Hey...You wanna go for ice cream after? My treat!" Blushing she nodded and he smiled walking off. Right before she walked away the band broke from there huddle, heading to the stage when John stopped turning around to her.

"K-Kate!" He stuttered quickening his pace while approaching. Turning around she raised a brow when he scratched the back of his head before saying,

"I'm sorry."