Surprise!

"H-Hello?" Kate groggily asked while holding the old phone up to her ear.

"Kate? Good morning sunshine!" She heard Kurt softly, but politely speak into the phone. Closing her eyes and letting out a frustrated sigh she turned to her paranoid boyfriend. John was fast asleep while holding the phone cord in between his fingers as if there were no worries in the world.

"Kurt...It's four in the morning. Are you okay?" The tired brunette replied while scratching her frizzy hair.

"Yeah! I'm fine. I just wanted to tell you good morning...I miss you. I'm in Seattle, Washington. I have a house up here. I'll have to invite you and John up here sometime. It's great."

"Oh, that's nice. Is there anything else you wanted to tell me?"

"Hm. I...I love you. As a friend. Nothing more. I love you, and John. Friends are allowed to say they love each other....right? I consider you guys as my family."

"Yeah, Kurt. We love you too. Maybe John and I would be able to catch a flight this week to come and see you?"

"Really?! That would be great! I get so lonely sometimes...Alright I'll let you get some sleep. Keep in touch with me. Please."

"I promise. Bye, Kurt." Hanging up the phone, she sighed while turning to John who was fast asleep, softly snoring. She curled underneath the warm blanket and scooted closer to John while resting her head against the crevice of his neck. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't fall asleep. Why? She was worried about Kurt. This was the second time he had called her. The way he was acting didn't seem right. Or normal for Kurt at least. She felt he was heading down the wrong path. Kate felt like Courtney was the main problem. She had too much control over him. But he loved her so he was willing to do anything for her. The whole dysfunctional situation made everyone confused. Maybe we should go see him...To keep an eye on him, Kate thought while staring at Johns face. The only problem was John wasn't too fond of Kurt. He seemed to have his own conspiracy theories about Kurt having a crush on Kate. Even though it was obvious Kurt  was mad in love with Courtney, John denied every bit of it. A part of him knew Kurt was different, and that Kurt liked Kate only as friend but he was very overprotective.

"What are you doing up so late? Or should I say early?" John yawned while rubbing his eyes, startling his paranoid girlfriend. "What? What's wrong?" He asked again while noticing the worried expression on her face.

"I...uh. Kurt called me." She nervously said while fiddling with her fingers.

"Again? Is he alright? Something doesn't seem right with him." He replied while squeezing her hand.

"Yeah. He just worries me. He's in Seattle. He wanted me and you to visit him sometime."

"Oh really? When I hit the lottery and can afford plane tickets we can go." He mumbled while closing his eyes before saying, "Come back to bed. We'll talk about it in the morning."

"C'mon. Don't be ridiculous. We can afford plane tickets." She argued back while snuggling against his warm body.

"Oh really? We can? Take a look at us, Kate. We're living in your dads house. You don't have a job. Your waiting to be approved whether your a nurse or not. And I'm in a band. We can barely keep ourselves alone financially stable."

"Look at you, Mr.Frusciante. Saying fancy words like financially stable."

"I'm not wrong...Right?"

"I don't know. I wouldn't shoot down our relationship like that. We motivate each other to work hard."

"Sure. Now can you please come back to bed? I need you."

"You? Need me? But I'm just a girl without a job. Remember?" She snapped, annoyed with her grouchy boyfriend while turning her back to him.

"Kate....I didn't mean it like that. I'm only saying what's true-"

"Shut up, John. God your such an asshole sometimes. Thanks for reminding me of how much a piece of shit I am."

"Hey, Stop! I didn't mean it like that...I-I....I.."

"I? You what, John?" Kate sighed annoyed while closing her eyes.

"Ugh...I cant believe your making me do this." He sighed whiled sliding out of the bed and walking towards there closet. She frowned while sitting up and watched him rummage through his shoes until he pulled out an empty shoe box. Walking towards her he sat on the edge of the bed and handed her the box.

"What...what is this?" She mumbled while looking up at him.

"Open it." He sighed while leaning back.

She hesitated while running her fingers along the box.

"It's not gonna open itself!" John smiled while squeezing her waist. She nodded while opening the box. Inside sat two pieces of paper wrapped in ribbon.

"John...what is this?"

"C'mon, take a look at it! You've gone this far."

Slowly unwrapping the ribbon she unfolded the paper to reveal two plane tickets to Seattle. "John...I'm so confused. Why did you buy two plane tickets to Seattle?" Kate giggled surprised while looking up at him.

"Ok so, there's a reason why Kurt has been calling recently...."

"And that reason is?"

"Courtney had a baby!"

"Oh my goodness...John that's great for them! I was getting so worried why he was calling me. Why didn't he tell me?"

"He wanted to keep it as a surprise. So we're all gonna go see the baby. A week from now. You, me, Candy, Anthony, Chad, and Flea. All of us."

"Is that why you gave me an attitude about buying plane tickets?"

"Yes! Geez, you always ruin my surprises. I was gonna tell you in the morning.....But I'm glad it worked out like this."

"Well four in the morning wasn't the best time, but I'll settle with it." A loud bang on the door interrupted the couples conversation. Following the loud noise was the sound of her father yelling, "Can you please go back to bed now?! You two speak so loud! I'm so tired..."

"Sorry, Dad. We'll go back to bed." Kate began to laugh, embarrassed by her fathers scene.