5

Opening the car door I step out and move over to Darcy. "I will be back soon. You can Skype me anytime you want and I'll answer your call."

She hugs me. "I love you, Julia." She kisses my cheek.

"I love you too, Darcy. I won't ever forget you." I kiss her cheek and climb into the car. Pulling the window down I stick my hand out of the moving car and wave at them.

The house disappears as the car takes me to the private airfield. When we get to the private airfield I see a male standing next to the plane. He's wearing a pilot outfit. He walks over to the car and talks to George. I open the car door and step out. "Hi," I say to the pilot.

He smiles at me. "Hey, I'm Nick. I'll be your pilot today."

Nick is tall around 6ft 4 inches and he has blue eyes, dark hair and tanned skin. When he smiles there's a dimple at the side of his face.

I stretch my hand out to him. "I'm Julia. It's nice to meet you."

A blonde girl steps off the plane and she walks over to Nick. She places a kiss on his cheek. "I was wondering when I would be working with you again, Nick."

George clears his throat. "Would you stop flirting with my pilot, Taylor? I want you to meet the girl that you're taking to Los Angeles. Taylor this is Julia, Julia meet Taylor."

She looks me up and down. "Are you the woman that saved Darcy?"

"Yes, I am." She pulls me into a hug. "Thanks for saving that girl. She means a lot to people on this island. Rumour has it that you were told to leave her on the beach and take care of yourself."

I pull away from her. "It's true. Someone told me to leave her on the beach, but I couldn't do that. I was willing to risk my life to save one of my students." Moving over to George I say. "Thanks for the hospitality, sir. It was also nice meeting your family."

A smile spreads across his face. "When you were in the bedroom with Darcy my kids wanted to tell me that they like you and that you're an angel sent from god, because you saved their sister."

I laugh. "That's cute." I wrap my arms around him. "Thanks, for everything, George."

He hugs me back. "No, thank you for saving my daughter. Before you leave the local reporters want to interview you with my daughter."

Wow! I never thought this would happen on the day that I leave this Island. Is this why he wanted to leave for the airfield earlier than we were supposed to.

George steps away from me. "The reporters are waiting for you in the plane." A car pulls into the airfield. The car stops and the door to the passenger side opens and Darcy steps out.

She looks at her father. "What am I doing here, Daddy?"

George walks over to her. "I set up an interview for Julia and you. Everyone on the Island should know how this woman saved the life of the princess of Nova Island."

Her face pales. "Daddy, I'm scared."

I walk over to her and take her hand. "Don't be afraid. I'll be next to you the entire time." she holds my hand as we walk up the stairs that leads to the plane.

When we enter the plane I see a group of people sitting on a chair. A woman grabs my hand. "I'm going to put some make-up on you before we start the interview." She pushes me into a seat and puts some foundation on me and then some gloss.

Looking at her I say. "Am I done yet? I don't want to look overly done up for the interview. I wasn't expecting this before I left the Island, but now I don't have a way out of doing this. Besides, I wouldn't want the most powerful family on Nova Island to think I'm disrespecting them by not doing this for them and the Island." I stand up and move over to the seat where Darcy is sitting.

She holds her hand out and introduces me to the woman sitting across from me. "Julia, I want you to meet Rina. She's the one that does human interest pieces and when everyone heard that you saved me they wanted to do an interview with us."

A smile spreads across my face. "I thinks it's best if we move this along. I have to leave soon."

The woman sitting across from me looks at her watch. "Oh, you're right. I have some questions to ask." She looks at the guy holding the camera. "Are you ready?"

He nods his head and then sticks three fingers in the air and counts down.

Rina straightens herself in the chair and she looks at the camera. "Hey, Everyone. It's me Trina Queen. Today we have a special guest with us Princess Darcy and the woman that saved her life, Julia Harris." She pauses for a moment. "What were you doing the day of the tsunami?"

Darcy looks at the camera. "I was on a school excursion at the beach. When we heard something like a train coming towards us and I saw a wave coming towards the island and I froze." She grabs my hand and tears fall down her face. "I remember a teacher telling Julia to leave me, but she didn't. Julia ran towards me and grabbed my hand. We ran as fast as we could, but we got swept up in the water."

I take over where she paused. "While we were in the water I held Darcy's hand until the current pulled us apart. We went under the water a number of times and it felt like we were in a washing machine. When the water calmed down I looked for a place for us to stay until we were rescued. I cut my leg badly and as the time went by I started to feel tired and I couldn't keep my eyes open."

Rina has a smile on her face. "It seems like the two of you went through a lot together."

"We did." I say. "When I woke up Darcy's name was the first name out of my mouth. I was worried about her."

Darcy climbs off her seat and climbs into my lap. She wraps her arms around me. "If it wasn't for Julia I wouldn't be here today. I owe her everything."

I kiss the top of her head. "I did what anyone with a heart would do and I don't regret going after you. If saving your life is the biggest accomplishment I have in my life, I'll be proud of it."

Rina keeps asking us questions and I answer them as honestly as I can.

The pilot walks onto the plane and he says. "You need to leave now. We'll be taking off shortly."

Rina and her team start packing up the plane. It takes them five minutes to get everything packed away and their off the plane.

Darcy hugs me one last time before she climbs off the plane. "Bye, Julia. Can you send me an e-mail when you get home? I want to make sure you arrived home safely."

"I will." I stand at the door and wave at her. She climbs into the car with her father and it pulls away from the airfield.

The stairs pull up and I take my seat in the middle of the plane. I put my seatbelt on.

 I put my seatbelt on