7.

I wish I was able to do that. Hack everyone's phones that wronged me and share their dirty little secrets with the world. Maybe, then it would make them realize that everything isn't just about them.

When I look outside I see a familiar street and my heart begins to race we're two blocks away from my place. "Stop, the car?" I yell.

The driver pulls over at the side of the road.

I can't do it.

I climb out of the car and walk over to a tree. Placing my hand on it I begin to take deep breaths.

Veronica climbs out of the car. She walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. "You can do this, Julia. Don't be afraid of the guy that threatened. Remember that you're older now and ready to show him that you're not going to take his shit anymore."

A smile spreads across my face. "Thanks, Ronny. I really needed one of your pep talks. I'm ready to face my past and kick its ass."

"That a girl." She grabs my hand and pulls me towards the car. She climbs in first and then I follow her.

I buckle myself up. "You can drive now."

The car pulls back onto the road and heads in the direction of my parents place.

My parents place comes into view and I grab Veronica's hand. "That's their place."

She looks out the window and her mouth drops as she looks at the two story brick house with a flower bed in the front. "I can't believe you grew up in this place. Now, why on earth would one of the popular guys hate you?"

I shrug. "Who knows? I just hope that he's not at the..." I cut myself off as I see his car parked close to my brothers. My hands form fists and I grind my teeth. "Of all days he has to be at my parents place."

The car comes to a stop in front of the house.

Veronica grabs my hand. "We can come back later if you'd like."

I shake my head. "They know someone is here." I point to the living room window and see my mother there.

Eventually, more of my family stand at the window and wait for me to step out.

Grabbing the door handle I open the car door. "Let's get this over with Veronica. Then we can go to the hotel and soak up the sun by the pool."

A smile spreads across her face. "That sounds like a great plan."

I step out of the car first and grab my purse.

Looking at the house I don't see Mom at the window anymore. The front door opens and she runs out the door. "Julia Anne Harris." She yells. "Why on earth would you leave the states and not tell us?"

I hug her. "I'm sorry, Mom."

She slaps my arm. "Don't take off out of the country without telling me. Getting a phone call from Veronica telling me that you were on Nova Island during the Tsunami broke me. I thought you were dead." A tear falls down her face. "I don't want to bury any of my kids before their time." She hugs me tight. "I'm not going to let you out of my sight while you're here."

I whisper. "I'm moving back here, Mom. I just have to look for a job."

"You'll easily get a job here. Your nieces and nephews schools are looking for teachers, but they're finding it hard to get someone that's willing to go the extra mile and be an advisor to the students and lead them in the right direction."

I'm the right person for that job. How am I going to go about putting my name down for that school?

The front door opens and the rest of my family step out of the house with Cole right behind them. My eyes land on his and he has regret in his eyes. I turn away from him and hug the rest of my family.

When Antwon steps forward to hug me I slap him across the face. His face turns to the side. "How could you open the door to the worst person in this town?"

He gulps. "He told Liam and I what he did to you and we beat the shit out of him. He was in hospital because of us." Antwon looks at Mom. "Mom made us go to the hospital and apologize to him."

Liam steps forward and says. "It was the last thing we wanted to do as he was the reason why you didn't come home. As time went by we became friends with him and he told us how sorry he was for making you feel unsafe, when it came to coming home."

I move over to Mom and say. "I'll come back later. I want to go to the hotel and get some sleep."

Mom places her hand on mine. "I want you to stay here. You shouldn't have to spend money at a hotel."

Veronica grabs her bag from the trunk with mine. "We're staying here then. I hope you'll be able to get money back from the hotel you booked."

I shake my head. "I won't be able to get money back because I haven't given them any notice about cancelling my stay."

Dad pulls his wallet out of his pocket and says. "I'll give you the money. I know you can't afford to lose any."

They don't know about the money I got from the wealthiest family on Nova Island. I'm not going to tell them about it either. I don't need people to use me for the money I got.

Dad gives me some money. "I'll give you the rest when you tell me what hotel you chose to stay at."

"Thanks, Dad." I place the money in my bag and walk to the house with my luggage.

Veronica follows me to the house. She holds the door open for me. "This place is amazing. I can't believe you let that asshole chase you away from you home and family." She glares at Cole as he enters the house behind us.

A strong hand grabs my wrist and I spin around to see who grabbed my arm. Looking into light blue eyes I see that it's Cole. I shake his hand off me. "What do you want, Cole?"

"I want to apologize for being cruel to you when we were in High School." He shifts from foot to foot, waiting for me to reply.

I look him right in the eyes and say. "I don't forgive you, Cole. It's going to take a lot more than apologizing to me to make me forgive you. I missed out on a lot of things because I was afraid of you. I'm not anymore and I hope you start regretting the way you treated me before I left for University." I walk away from him and walk up the stairs to my bedroom.

Looking behind me I see Veronica following closely behind. She has a smile on her face. "How did that feel, Julia?"

"It felt good." I tell her honestly.

" I tell her honestly