64.

I pull the car in front of my parents place. Opening the door I step out and head to the front. Knocking on the door I wait for my parents to answer.

Cole stands next to me and says, "You're brothers normally walk in when we come over for dinner."

I'm not going to do that. I prefer to wait for my parents to open the door and invite me in.

The door opens revealing Dad who's wearing an apron that says "Kiss the chef." Placing my lips on his his cheek I say, "Hey, Dad."

A smile spreads across his face. "Hey, Kiddo. Where are your friends?"

Turning around I see two cars pull into the driveway. "Here they are." They climb out of their cars and head in our direction.

Once they are standing at the door I say, "Dad meet Braelynn and her husband Bo." They exchange a greeting. "This is Amalia. She's the one that got me safely to the car during the shoot-out at the prison."

Dad shakes his head. "I still can't believe that happened while you were there. That stuff never happens and it did on the day you went to see Antwon." He keeps going on about it until Mom walks down the stairs.

She's wearing a pink dressing gown that I brought her years ago. "Hey, sweetie." She pulls me in for hug. She lowers her voice and says, "I've scheduled to get the tumour out next week. The doctor said that if it's not removed soon I'll die." She looks between Cole and I. "I want to be around when Cole and you decide to start a family. You two are getting close now."

We are.

A smile spreads across my face. "That's great, Mom." I wrap my arms around her giving her a hug.

She does the same to me. "Can you visit me after the operation? I know my boys won't be there like they promised."

"Of course I will be." Looking across the room I see Cole talking to my father. "So will, Cole. You know he's like a third son to you."

She laughs. "He is. When you take the next step in your relationship with him he'll be my son-in-law. I knew that boy would be right for you someday."

"Thanks, Mom. I want to introduce you to some of my friends." I introduce her to everyone and she talks to them like they are her own kids. She tells them stories about when I was younger to try and embarrass me.

A long time ago I would have been embarrassed, but going through the same stories with Mom brings a smile to my face.

Today seems to be a good day for her. I don't want to see another day where she's not her normal self.

Dad announces dinners ready and he places the metal trays on the table with meat, sausages and chicken wings. There's a salad and bread rolls on the table.

"Thanks, Daddy for cooking this meal."

Dad places his hand on top of mine. "You're welcome, princess." He looks around the table at everyone. "It's nice to meet the people that are helping to protect my daughter after everything's that's happened. Thanks for putting your life at risk to keep her alive."

Amalia picks up her glass of wine. "I'll toast to that." She smiles at me. "I would do anything to keep your daughter alive. She's a welcomed addition to my family. I haven't met that many nice woman and I happy to announce that Braelynn and Julia are my friends."

Braelynn holds her glass up next. "We're going to be friends for life. I haven't met anyone like Julia and Amalia in my life and it feels great to have a friendship with two beautiful woman."

They're saying the nicest things.

Picking up my glass I say, "I don't know what's going to happen in the next couple weeks or years, but I want you all to know that I love you all. If something happens to me I'll know you'll all do your best to find me."

Cole places his hand in mine. "I'll tear the entire city down to search for you, Julia. No bed will be unturned and all involved will be dead. Even if it includes your brothers."

Everyone at the table goes silent.

Looking at my parents I see them go stiff after hearing what Cole said about their sons. Mom's eyes start to water and she throws herself into Dad's arms.

"Cole," I whisper. He turns his attention to me. "That was too much for my parents. I know you'd do anything to keep me safe, but you have to remember Antwon's are still a part of my family." Standing up I walk out of the room and head outside. I sit on the chair and look at bush that surrounds the house.

After a couple of minutes the door opens revealing Braelynn and Amalia. They take a seat close to me.

Amalia is the first to say something. "You're parents are talking to Cole about what he said. I can see you care for your brothers. You have to remember that they're after you, Julia."

Looking at her I say, "I know how bad the situation is. I went to Cole's place after work and Antwon was taking a shower in Cole's bathroom. Stupid me thought it was Cole and I called his name. The water stopped and Antwon stepped into the room. He was going to take me from the house, but Cole got home in time to save me. We left Cole's and are now staying in the Condo I'll be sharing with my best friend when she comes back from New York."

"I would like to meet this friend of yours." Amalia says. "Next time I come to town we should all grab something to eat. You two Braelynn. Meeting you girls had been the best thing to happen to me. I know you'll have my back when I need it."

"We will." Braelynn says. "Bo's been teaching me how to defend myself. With and without using a weapon. He prefers guns to be kept away from me, but there's always a gun in the glove box of the car."

Amalia shakes her head. "I'm sure Bo wouldn't want people to know what's in his car. You should keep it a secret from everyone else."

She nods. "You girls are the only ones I've had contact with outside of my work colleagues. I can't count them as friends because they work for me. Since my parents death I have been alone. I'm lucky that Bo found me when he did because if he waited longer I would have died."

Looking at my new friends I say, "Someday you both have to tell me your story of how you met your partners and then I'll tell you mine. Right now my story is being written."

Amalia laughs. "Next time I come here. You'll probably have moved in with Cole and deciding where to have the wedding. That's my prediction for now."

A smile spreads across my face.

I like that very much.