42.

I climb out of the car and follow Cole over to the 1969 Ford Mustang. "How does she look from underneath?"

"Great, I can't believe the old guy gave you this car for $500.00. What was he thinking?"

A smile spreads across my face. "He wants someone else to have fond memories of this car. Just like he does with his wife. Do you think a car can bring people close, Cole?"

He looks at the car and back to me. "If it's a 1969 Ford Mustang it will." He smiles at me and then pulls me into his arms. "You know you offered to take me to Lax tonight?"

"Yeah,"

"A friend of mine is coming with me and we'll be flying by his private jet. Can you take me to the private airfield instead?"

"Sure, how about before you leave we stop at McDonald's and grab something to eat? It's not a date, Cole."

He laughs. "Of course it's not a date. What I call a date is you dressing in something sexy. I take you to a nice restaurant that has its lights dimmed and candles around the table. A bottle of champagne on ice."

Sounds like a perfect date to me.

"Thanks for the clarification, Cole. It'll probably be hard for me to find something sexy to wear considering you've probably dated girls that's worn most of the clothes that are on the shelves."

He turns me towards him and makes me look into his blue eyes. "I haven't dated that many girls, because the one girl I want..." he cuts himself off. "I'm not going to continue telling you how I feel. By now you should know how I feel."

Placing my hand on his shoulder I say. "I do, Cole. I'm just not ready to give myself to you like that right now. I need to concentrate on looking out for myself. When I'm ready I hope you're still there for me."

He slides under the car. "I will wait until you're ready, Julia. Now can you pass me the wrench? I need to tighten some bolts at the bottom of the car."

I walk over to the tool box that's placed next to the car and I pull the wrench out. Lying on my stomach I hand him the wrench. "Do you need anything else?"

"Nah, this is good for now."

I don't move from my position and watch him do his job.

A car pulls into the driveway of the garage. "Jesse's here."

Cole slides out from under the car. He wipes his hand in his coveralls. "I'm going to wash up." He walks into the shop and enters the bathroom.

Jesse steps out of the car with a briefcase in his hand. He walks over to me. "Hey, you must be the person that Cole wants me to meet."

"Yeah, I am." Looking at the bathroom I see Cole walk out of it and he moves right over to me.

Placing his arms around me he says. "Jesse, I hope you remember Julia Harris?"

"Wow," he whistles. "You turned into a beautiful woman. I want to thank you for all the tutoring you gave me in our senior year. I wish you came to college with me. I'm sure you would have made me pass my classes."

My face heats up. "Thanks, Jesse." Looking at the ground I say. "I need your help."

A smile spreads across his face. "I can't believe I'm hearing that from your mouth. Normally, it's me asking you for help. So, tell me who I need to look into for you?"

Cole whispers in my ear. "I want you to look into my Uncle. His name is Kevin Harris. I need to know what my siblings have been saying is true. Also a company called Midnight exports. Supposedly, that's linked to my uncle and lastly I want you to dig up whatever you can on my brothers. Liam and Antwon Harris. They have secrets and I need to know about it."

Jesse writes everything down. "Thus is going to take a while for me to gather information. I'll give you the friend's rate. Since you helped me out when I needed it."

"Thanks, Jesse." Looking at Cole I say. "I need to see my uncle this weekend. I want to hear what he has to say."

He rubs his face with his hands. "I don't like the idea of you going on your own, but if you have to find out give the prison a call and put your name in the books." Looking at Jesse he says. "I need you to go with her. Keep her safe until I get back from New York on Monday."

"I will." Jesse promises. He gives me a card. "Call me before you leave and I'll follow you there."

"Okay," I place the car in my phone. "It was nice seeing you again, Jesse."

"You too, Julia. I hope you can make it to the ten year reunion. It would be great to catch up with you outside of work."

"I'll think about it."

Jesse walks over to his car and climbs in. He honks the horn before driving away.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket. I call the prison.

Guard: Hello, Twin Towers Correctional Facilitates, this is Collins.

Me: Hey, I would like to see a prisoner tomorrow.

Guard: Can I have the name of the prisoner?

Me: Sure, it's Kevin Harris.

Guard: What's your name and I'll put it on the books.

Me: Thanks, my name is Julia Harris.

Guard: The doors are open for visitors between 10 and 3. Please, come during those times.

Me: I will. Thanks.

I hang up the phone and look at Cole. "Everything is set up for tomorrow for me to see my Uncle."

"Don't forget to call Jesse. He's going to have your back while you're at the prison."

"I won't."

Cole nods. "Let me grab my suitcase and then we can hang out for a bit before you drop me off at the private airfield."

"Okay," I watch him walk into the back office and he returns a couple seconds later with his suitcase. Throwing him the keys I say. "You can drive."

A smile spreads across his face. "Great, I didn't want to be a passenger anyway."

I climb into the front passenger seat and put my seatbelt on.

Cole throws his bag into the trunk and then walks to the driver's seat. He climbs into the car and starts the engine. Pulling out of the garage we head into the city. "I want to see the Hollywood sign before I go for a couple of days."

That's what I saw before I left for New York ten years ago. It was one of my favorite things to see and the city too.

I look out the window as we travel on the interstate. When we get to a turn off Cole takes it.

He takes his eyes off the road for a moment. "I'm glad I'm spending some time with you before I go away."

A smiles spreads across my face. "Me too, Cole. I hope you have fun in New York."

"