45.

Boss POV

I bring the cigar to my lips and suck it in. Holding it in for a moment and then I breathe it out.

I really need this after all the stress I get from being the boss of incompetent people.

This morning I got a phone call from one of my men telling me that the main warehouse I store heroin in was searched by the FBI, but at that time my shipment was still docked and they didn't find anything.

I now they're close to busting me and I have to be a lot smarter in the future or everything I've worked so hard for will crumble.

The door to my office opens and my right hand man walks into the office. He walks straight to my liquor cabinet and pours himself a Jack Daniels. Walking over to my table he sits opposite me. "Hey, Boss. The new shipment is going to the secret warehouse. We're going to catch the one that leaked us to the Feds."

A smile spreads across my face. "I already know who did and I'm going to take care of them personally."

"Who was it, Sir?"

"You'll find out just like everyone else." My phone starts to ring and I look at the caller ID and see 'Collin's' on the screen.

What does the prison guard want? I haven't heard from him in a while and I thought everything with Kevin Harris is taken care of.

Me: Hello, Collins. What do you want?

Collins: You told me to give you a call if Kevin has any visitors. Well he's going to have on tomorrow.

Me: Who's the visitor?

Collins: Julia Harris.

Me: Fuck, I'm quiet for a moment. Collins, I'm going to send people over tomorrow. Call me when she gets there.

Collins: Yes, boss.

Me: And make sure no one reveals their true identity to her.

Collins: Yes, Boss.

Me: If Kevin steps out of line I want you to punish him. He can't reveal too much of what's going on. If he does we have to kill Julia too and that will be a shame.

Damn, that girl is going to ruin all my plans by going into the prison.

Kevin's been known to have a big mouth and seeing his niece he's going to open it and tell her things that I don't need her to know.

Looking at my right hand man I say. "Tomorrow I need you to go to Twin Towers Correctional Facilitates. Julia Harris will be there and I need you to make sure that she doesn't leave with information about us."

"Do you think she's going to find out?"

"I don't know." I rub my neck with my hands. "If she does things aren't going to end well for us. We have to get someone close to them while they're talking. That way I know what's being said. If she finds out we're going to have to take care of her."

"You mean kill her?"

"Yes," I put my cigar out in the glass bowl sitting on my table. Walking over to the alcohol cabinet I pour myself a drink.

He looks down at the glass. "I don't think I'd be able to kill her. It's not something I want to do."

"Okay," turning towards him I say. "I'll have to send out someone else to do the job." I walk back to my desk and go through my phone until I find someone that can do the job for me.

I stop at Darius and put them the phone on loudspeaker as I call him.

The phone rings a couple of time before he answers.

Darius: Hello, this is Darius.

Me: Hey, Darius. It's Boss I have a job for you.

Darius: It's been awhile since you've needed me. I thought you'd be out of business.

Me: Nah, the business is doing great. I need you me help with something.

Darius: Sure, Boss. It would be great to work with you again.

Me: I need you to go to Twin Towers Correctional Facilitates. There will be a girl there. I'll send you a photo of who I want you to keep an eye on.

Darius: Yes, Sir. I look forward to further instructions from you.

I hang up the phone and sit back in my chair. "I need you to go to the secret warehouse and make sure that it's not compromised. I can't have the FBI sticking their nose into my business."

"Yes, Sir." He stands up and walks to the door. Before he walks out he says. "I'll check the surrounding areas. Just to make sure that no one is close to it."

"Thanks," I spin around in my chair and look out the window. I hear the door close and I'm left alone in the room.

There's a knock on the door and I say. "Come in."

The door opens and one of my men enters the room. "Sir, I found someone looking into Midnight Express. What do you want me to do?"

"Look for the IP address and follow up on the lead. Keep me up to date with what you find. Then I'll give you further instructions of what to do with what you've found out."

"Yes, Sir. My wife asked if you would like to have dinner with us tonight. Her sister will be there too. I know you've been trying to get over the woman that broke your heart."

I normally don't spend time with my men's families, but I think going somewhere for the night will make me feel better.

Even if it's to take my mind off Julia going to the prison tomorrow.

"I'll be there. What time?"

"Seven, you don't have to bring anything." He walks out the door and closes it behind him.

Walking over to the cabinet I grab a bottle of my best champagne and bourbon. Grabbing a box I put them inside and place it on the table.

I grab my gun off the table and put it in the holster under my suit jacket. I head to the door and lock it before I leave the office.

As I walk out of the house my men say 'goodbye' to me. When I get to the front door I see my car parked in the driveway and the door is open for me.

Paul, my driver looks at me and says. "Do you need me to drive you?"

I shake my head. "No, thanks. I'm sure no one after me at the dinner I'm going to."

"The keys are in the car. Have a good night, Boss."

"You too, Paul. I'll see you at eight tomorrow morning."

"Yes, Sir." He walks over to his white sedan and pulls away from the house.

I climb into my Mazda MX 5 2019 model. Starting the engine I pull away from the house.

At the end of the driveway I stop at the gate and wait for one of men to open it for me. Once the gate is open I drive out of it.

Pulling onto the road I head in the direction of the house I'm having dinner at.

This is a first for me.