47.

Cole's POV

After the plane lands at the private airfield in New York I grab my bag and step off the plane. Looking around I see a limo parked on the runway.

Bo stops next to me and says. "This is the only way we can get around at late notice."

"That's fine. We should stop at my cousins club first. I want him to know that I'm here."

"I knew you were going to say that." He climbs into the limo and I sit next to him. "Do you have a feeling that you should be in Los Angeles and not here?"

I shake my head. "I feel like I'm supposed to be here for some reason. For you it might be different because that's where your wife and children are."

"No, it's not that. I feel like something is going to happen at the Correctional Facility and we're over here doing something else."

The last time Bo had a feeling something was off I didn't take him seriously until our car was shot at and from that moment I have trusted him.

"I'll let Riker know about your hunch and see if he can someone there to keep an eye on Julia and Jesse."

The car pull away from the curb and it heads in the direction of the upper east side of New York.

I watch as the city goes by. When we get to secluded place I see the club come into view.

There's heaps of people lining up to get into the bar. The line continues around the block.

It's not going to be hard for me to get inside this time.

The car comes to a stop and the driver steps out. He opens the door for us.

Stepping out of the car I say. "Thanks. Can you come back in an hour?"

"Sure," he closes the door and walks back to the car. "Bye, Mr. Mason." He climbs into the car and drives away.

Bo and I head to the door of Seclusive.

The security guy looks at me and says. "Sorry, we're over capacity. We can't allow anyone else in there."

Linc walks over to the new guy and says. "They're allowed in. Do you remember how Boss told us to let his cousin in when he comes to the club?"

"Yeah," he points to me. "That's his cousin."

I open the door and walk into the club with Bo behind me.

Bo has his hand on his gun as we walk into the club. "I don't trust anyone in this place." He tells me.

He seems on guard tonight.

A girl with black hair and dark eyes runs over to me and wraps her arms around me. "Hey, Cuz."

A smile spreads across my face when I see that it's my cousin Riley. "Hey, Where's Riker?"

"In his office waiting for you. He told me to show you the way. Hopefully, there won't be any trouble like the last time you left the place."

Stopping I grab her arm. "How do you know about that?"

She points at the cameras around the building. "I had those put in a couple days before things went down with you. I needed to see who needed protecting. It was a good thing that I was monitoring it or you wouldn't have made it out of here alive."

I hug her. "Thanks for having my back, Riles. Do you think your brother will help me out with things that's going on at home?"

She shrugs. "If he refuses you could always use all the times you've bailed him out of trouble and when you had to take time off school to make sure that no one would take being the head of the mafia family from him." She whispers. "We know it's your place to be at the head of the family, but it's good that you left the seat to someone in our family that could handle it."

"I wasn't going to make a good leader and the only person that was made for the role was Riker. He has all the tattoos and everything that makes him dangerous. I need to leave that all behind so I can be with a woman who deserves to be kept safe not in harm's way because of what our family legacy left us. Then again it was my parents that left this world behind and let your father take over it until Riker could do it himself."

She continues to lead the way to the office. "He's getting married next month to my best friend. Are you coming home for that?"

"I would never miss out on a family event like that, but I'll have to wait for the invite from, Riker. If he doesn't think I'll be safe amongst the family I'll be alright to miss it."

"Are you going to bring your girl if you come?"

"We'll see, Cuz."

She opens the door to the office and I see Riker sitting behind his mahogany desk with papers all over it.

He looks up and says. "Hey, Cuz. It's been awhile since you've come to New York. What brings you here this time?"

"I need your help."

Pointing to the chair he says. "Take a seat." Turning his attention to Bo he says. "It's good to see you again, Bo."

Bo grunts.

Which makes Riker laugh. "I see you're still the man with little to say. How are things in Los Angeles? How's your wife?"

"I'm not here to catch up with you, Riker. I'm here to protect your cousin from your men. I wouldn't want a repeat of last time."

He nods. "Fair enough." Riker turns his attention to me. "What do you need from me this time, Cole?"

"I need you to help me protect a friend. She's in the middle of something dangerous and I don't want to scare her if I have to do something out of character."

"When do you need this to happen?"

"Tomorrow, she's going to Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles to see her Uncle who's involved in something."

He scratches the back of his head. "Um, I think Amalia is heading to Los Angeles this weekend. I'll give her a call and see if she is." He picks up his phone. "Excuse me." He walks out of the room.

Bo looks at me. "If Amalia is in town that means there's other things going on at home. We should head back immediately."

Shaking my head I say. "I can't. If you feel the need to go, Bo. You should. There's other things I need to discuss with my cousin."

"I'll organize to fly back tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to be here."

"Thanks, Bo."

He looks around the room eyeing all the men. "I don't trust any of you." His hand touches his gun.

The door to the room opens and Riker steps in. "Bo, get your hand out of your pocket. The two of you are safe. Besides the men that hurt my cousin have been placed at the mansion. They no longer work here with me."

"Good," he takes a seat next to me.