35.

My alarm wakes me up at 7am and I reach across trying to locate it. Opening my eyes I see that I'm in a bedroom. The last thing I remember was falling asleep in the cafe.

How did I get here?

I find my phone on the nightstand and turn it off. I climb out of bed and walk into the bathroom. Seeing my hair brush on the counter I brush my hair.

I have to go to the hotel and get ready for the job interview.

Walking out of the bathroom I head down stairs and see Cole standing behind the table.

He looks at me as I enter the room. "How did you sleep?"

"Good, Thanks for taking me out, Cole. I really needed it." I look at the key holder hoping that he put my keys up there, but when I don't see them I say. "Where are my keys?"

He pulls them out of his pocket. "You should get some grease into you before driving. I wouldn't want you to get pulled over on the way to the hotel."

"Okay," I take a seat the bench and watch Cole make bacon and eggs.

He breaks the eggs into the frying pan. "What are your plans for today?"

"I have an interview at a local school. What are you doing?"

"I have to fix a friend's car. He doesn't want to take to the shop. So, I have to travel to his house and fix it. He knows what's wrong with it, but he can't do it on his own."

"What kind of car is it?"

"It's a 1969 Ford Mustang. That's one of the cars I want to get my hands on. I think it would be a great car to restore."

A smile spreads across my face. "When you get your hands on that car give me a call. I would love to be taken out in that."

"Great," he puts four slices of bread into the toaster.

While breakfast is getting cooked my brother's walk into the dining room and sit at the table.

The room gets quiet and it becomes an uncomfortable silence. Looking up I see Cole trying to communicate with my brothers through his eyes.

My phone starts to ring and I look at the caller ID. I see 'Dad' flash across the screen. I answer the call and put it on loudspeaker.

Me: Hey, Dad.

Dad: Hey, Pumpkin. I need your brothers and you home ASAP. There's things we need to talk about.

Me: I have an interview that I can't miss. Can I come by after that?

Dad: Congrats on the interview. It's good to see that you're planting roots in this city again.

Me: I know. I'll give you to Liam. He'll let you know if he can make it.

I give the phone to Liam and he starts to talk to Dad. He says that they will head over to the house after breakfast.

Liam gives me back the phone after Dad hangs up. "You could give the interview a miss and be there for the family."

I slap him across the face. "Just because you have free time doesn't mean that everyone is able to stop what they're doing to run home to Mommy and Daddy. I need to get myself set up here too. Sometimes I need to be selfish and look out for myself. Just like Antwon and you." Grabbing the food off the table I make my way into the living room and sit on the couch.

"I've told you two countless of times to be nice to her and you keep on ignoring me. You can fix your own breakfast. I've got someone to keep company." Cole walks into the living room and sits next to me.