48.

I wake up to pots and pans banging downstairs. Climbing out of bed I head down to the kitchen and see Dad behind the stove. "Do you need help, Dad?"

He jumps and holds his heart. "Shit. Julia, you scared the shit out of me."

I giggle. "Sorry, Dad. I thought you heard me?"

He shakes his head. "No, I didn't. I'm surprised to see you here though."

Walking around the counter I stand next to him. "You're going to need help with, Mom. I thought that my help would be appreciated?"

He hugs me. "Of course it is. I'm going to have to get someone in to help while we're at work during the week. Your brothers can't take time off either."

"I'll help you look for someone, Dad. We however can't start until Monday as all the places are closed for the weekend."

"Why don't you work from home for a couple of days? I'll go to the vaults and get your paperwork. If someone needs you to come in during the day, just get one of the boys or Cole to help out."

A smile spreads across his face at the mention of Cole. "You've been spending a lot of time with that boy. Does that mean you've forgiven him?"

"After everything he's done for this family. How can I not forgive him? He's also been there for me since I came back. I can tell he loves you all and I don't want to take that away from him after he's lost a lot."

"You're a great woman." He kisses my cheek. "Now, tell me what you want me to do?"

Pointing to the chair at the dining table I say. "Sit down and read the paper. It was one of your favorite things to do when I was growing up."

He puts the kettle on and waits for it to boil. He fixes himself a drink before walking over to the table and reading the paper.

I start making waffles with chocolate sauce and ice cream. "Dad, do you want to take this to Mom?"

He shakes his head. "You made breakfast. You should take it to her."

I place the waffles, orange juice and tea on the tray. I carry it up the stairs to Mom's room.

Walking into the room I say. "Mom, I brought breakfast."

She opens her eyes and looks at me. "Julia? Is that you baby?"

"Yes, Mommy."

She holds her hands open. "Give me a hug, sweetheart?"

"I need to put the tray down." Walking over to the nightstand I put the tray down and sit on the bed next to Mom. I wrap my arms around her. "I love you, Mom."

A smile spreads across her face. "I love you, too. Why don't you get your breakfast and eat with me?"

"I still have to make Dad's and then mine."

"I can wait."

I run out of the room and down to the kitchen.

Dad looks up from the paper and says. "Where's the fire?"

Looking at him I say. "Mom, wants me to join her for breakfast and I still have to make yours and mine."

He stands up and walks over to me. "Make yours and join your mother. I can make some for myself."

I kiss him on the cheek. "You're the best." I make my waffles and once they're done I put chocolate sauce and ice cream on it. Grabbing the orange juice I pour myself a glass and then take my breakfast upstairs to my parent's room.

When I walk into the room Mom looks up. "I see you haven't forgotten my favorite breakfast or how I make it."

Sitting next to her I say. "It's been awhile since I've made it, but I can't forget the things you've taught me, Mom." I cut into the waffle and put it into my mouth.

Mom starts eating hers too. She grabs her tea and takes a sip from it. "This is good tea. Thanks for making me breakfast."

"You're welcome."

Mom and continue to have small talk until we've finished breakfast.

Grabbing the trays and dishes off the table I say. "I have to go out, Mom. I'll see you when I get home. Is there anything you want for dinner?"

"Yes, can you make kebabs for dinner? I've always loved the way you make it."

"Sure," I kiss her cheek before walking downstairs.

Dad looks up from washing the dishes. "Are they for me?"

"Yes, Dad." I put them on the table next to him and he starts washing them up.

"What are you doing today?" I start to shift uncomfortably not sure how to answer him. He frowns. "Is it that bad?"

I climb onto the table and look at him. "I'm not sure how you're going to react to knowing what my plans are."

He laughs. "If you're not sure how I'm going to react then it says you're doing something in most likely not going to like."

"Yeah, but this has to do with me getting answers that I need."

He nods. "Just tell me, Julia. I'll deal with it the best I can."

"I'm going to Twin Towers Correctional Facility to see Uncle Kevin. He has the answers to everything I need to know."

Dad sighs. "I love my brother with my whole heart and I still can't believe he would do that to me, but again there's more to the story that I'm unaware of. If you find some solid information I would like to be told about it, sweetheart."

"I will, Dad. I have to get ready and then meet a friend who's coming with me to the Correctional Facility."

"Do I know this friend?"

"Jesse, he went to high school with Cole and I. He's going to be with me the entire visit. It's at Cole's request. He didn't want me to do anything stupid without back-up."

"Smart boy. Get ready for the visit and I'll see you when you get home." He kisses my cheek.

I walk to my room and change into a dress that ends above my knees and boots. Grabbing a light jacket I put it on and pick up my handbag. I put it over my shoulder.

I'm about to open the door when Dad stops me. "Tell my brother that I forgive him and that I'll visit him next week."

"Are you sure that a good idea?"

He shrugs. "I really don't know, but if you're going to see him I might as well too."

"I should go with you, Dad. I don't want to see you hurt by your brother again."

"Kevin's not going to hurt me again. He's already done that."

"Bye," I walk out the door and climb into my car. I head to Burbank where Jesse wants me to meet him with his ridiculous idea of us being each other.

I don't think it's a good idea that I be a part of it, but if he's happy to pretend to be me then I have no problems.

When I get to the gate of the house it opens and I drive towards the house.