59.

The door to my room opens and I begin to scream.

Who's in my room?

When I look around I see that it's not my room.

The light turns on and I see Lauren. She runs over to me. "Its okay, Julia. I'm not going to hurt you." She pulls me into her arms.

Tears begin to fall down my face. "I'm so sorry, Lauren. I've been through a lot and I wasn't expecting someone to come into my room."

"I'll knock next time and let you know it's me. Would that be alright?"

"That's fine."

There's a knock on the door and Lauren says. "It's Knox is everything okay?"

"Its fine, honey. I just scared Julia while she was still sleeping. We'll be right down for dinner."

"Okay,"

Looking at the time I see that it's 7pm.

I can't believe I slept that long.

Climbing out of bed I look at Lauren and say. "Do I have time for a quick shower?"

"Sure, we won't start eating until you come down."

"Thanks," I grab some clothes from my overnight bag and step into the bathroom.

Looking around the room I see fresh towels hanging up. Placing my clothes on the rack I strip out of the ones I'm wearing.

I turn the shower on and set it to the temperature I like. Stepping into the shower I let the water run over my body. I cup some water in my hand and splash my face. I wash my body with soap and then step back under the water.

After a couple of minutes in the shower I step out and dry my body. Quickly changing into my clothes I head out to my room.

Lauren is waiting for me by the door. She looks at me and says. "I didn't want you getting lost looking for the kitchen so I waited for you."

"Thanks, Lauren."

She leads the way to the dining room and there's a group of men sitting around the table with guns next to their plates.

Do they eat all their meals like this?

Lauren sees all the weapons on the table and she says. "Seriously, guys? We have a guest and we don't need to scare her off with all that out."

A guy with grey hair says. "She needs to get used to this if she's going to be Cole's girlfriend."

She shakes her head. "He's out. Cole's not going to come back to this life. He told Knox that this isn't the life he wants to share with Julia, but he's showing her what it would be like if things get worst for his family."

"Oh, sweetheart. He's meeting up with some people from his family. His great uncle is going to get him to join the family again." He looks at me and says. "I'm Vance."

"Julia," I offer. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, but I'm not going to answer it of it something I'm not comfortable with."

"That's fine. How do you know that Cole is going to let the family talk him into coming back? From what I've seen he wants nothing to do it with. He just wanted help from his cousin who owes him."

A smile spreads across his face. "You're a smart girl, but the family has ways of bringing people back into the fold and Cole won't be able to deny the family for long. I tried it once too. It never worked out for me because I kept asking for favors and never returned it back to them. So, they told me that as long as I'm connected to the family I won't be able to leave them. That's the way it's going to be for Cole."