61.

After breakfast a few security guys gather their guns and place them in holsters that are covered by jackets.

Amalia grabs her gun and places it in her handbag. She looks at me and says, "I need to be prepared. After yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if more people are after you. Especially with you finding out the information about your brothers."

I forgot about Antwon for a moment.

Grabbing my handbag I head to the door with Amalia following closely behind. "If they're at the park can you not shoot close to the kids areas? I don't want kids playing there to be harmed."

"I'll try my best, Julia." She opens the car door for me and I climb in. She takes a seat on the other side of the car.

Looking out the window I watch as the house disappears from view. The car stops at the Iron Gate and we wait for the security team to open the gate. "What's taking them so long, Amalia?"

She opens the window and talks to one of the guys. Pulling the window up, she turns towards me. "They're making sure the car is safe for us to drive in. Apparently, there was a security breach and they don't know if the person was here to cause harm to the family."

The gates open and we pull onto the main road. My phone goes off and I pull it out of my purse. I see a message from Braelynn and read it.

Braelynn: I just left my house. I'll be at the park shortly.

Me: We're on our way.

Braelynn: I'll text you once I get there.

Me: Okay :)

After ten minutes, we pull into the parking lot of the park and a car pulls into the spot next to us. The driver's door opens and Braelynn steps out.

Putting my hand on the handle I open the door and step out. "Brae," I walk over to her and hug her.

She smiles. "Do you want to help me get the rug-rats out?"

"Sure," I open the car door and unbuckle the girl that looks exactly like Braelynn. The boy looks like an exact replica of his father, Bo. "Hey, kids. I'm Julia." The girl holds a doll out to me and she says, "I'm Talise and this is Belle."

I take the doll from her. "It's nice to meet you, both." I hold my hand out to Talise and she takes it. "Mommy, can I go on the swing?"

"Sure, hold onto Julia's hand while you cross the car park." Braelynn says, as she helps her son out of the car. She takes a step back and crashes into Amalia who just stepped out of the car. "I'm so sorry."

Amalia smiles at her. "That's alright." She holds her hand out. "I'm Amalia."

Braelynn shakes her hand. "It's nice to meet you. My husband has talked about you. I'm surprised that he's letting you near me."

"I'm here with, Julia." She says, "I promised Cole that I would keep her safe until he returned home."

Talise tugs on my hand. "Can we go now?"

"Yes," I look around the car park to make sure it's safe for us to start walking across. I hear Amalia and Braelynn talking behind us. "What's your brother's name?"

"Tyler, he's a year older than me. He usually blames me for everything."

I laugh. "Do you want to know a secret?" she nods. "Antwon's used to do the same thing to me. As we got older they became protective of me. Now..." I cut myself off as I remember the danger they've put me in.

I don't think I'll ever get over the betrayal of them.

Once we've finished crossing the parking lot Talise let's go of my hand and runs over to the swings. She lifts herself onto it. Turning in my direction, she says, "Can you please push me, Julia?"

Walking over to her I begin to push her. Her grip on the swing tightens and she laughs. "Mommy," she yells. When Braelynn and Amalia approach us. "I'm high."

"Yes, you are sweetheart. Don't let go."

"I won't"

Tyler moves over to the free swing next to his sister. "Momma, can you push me? I want to go higher than, Tal." He sticks his tongue out as sister.

"I'm not comfortable with you going that high, Ty." She walks behind him and pushes his back and he swings his legs back and forth. When he reaches the same height as Talise, Braelynn stops pushing him.

After a while the kids get off the swings and they run over to the slide. A few kids let them play with them. Braelynn and I walk over to the seat where Amalia is sitting. She moves over for us. A smile spreads across her. "You're a natural with kids, Julia. When the time comes you're going to be a great."

My face heats up at the compliment. Biting my lip I say, "Thanks, I think."

She laughs. "It's a good thing. I thought I was going to be a horrible Mom to mine, but it turns out I am a natural at it. I just wish my mother was here to help me with her. She was taken too soon and I really hate the people that took her from me."

I place my hand on her arm. "You can borrow my parents, whenever you want. I can tell they're waiting for me to make them Grandparents." Looking at Braelynn I add. "You can borrow them too. I want you both to meet my parents. I'll give my parents a call and see when we can go around."

Pulling my phone of my purse I call my parent's home phone. After a couple rings someone picks up. "Hello," Dad says.

Me: Hey, Dad.

Dad:  Are you okay?

Me: Yeah, I was wondering if I can bring some friends over to see you in the upcoming days.

Dad: Give me a moment and I'll talk to your Mom. He's silent for a moment and then he comes back on the line. Tomorrow night will be fine. I'll make dinner. How many people will be here?

Me: Seven.

Dad: We've never had that many people here at once. I'll have to set up the table outside. Dinner will be served at 6.30pm.

Me: Okay, I'll see you then. Love you, Dad.

Dad: Love you too, princess.

Hanging up the phone I look at them. "It's all set. Dad's cooking dinner tomorrow. You have to be there at 6.30pm."

"What about Bo?" Braelynn asks. "He's not going to let me meet anyone without him."

"I already thought of that and I told him to cook enough food for all of us. I don't think Cole will let me go to the dinner without him. He's a part of my family now. More than Antwon's will ever be." Looking around the park I see Moretti's men standing close by and they're eyes are scanning the park.

Braelynn looks at the time. "Shit," she stands up. "I have to go. I'm going to miss an important conference call if I don't leave now." She runs over to the equipment and yells. "Kids, we need to go."

Talise and Tyler walk over to her and they wave at us as they pass by us.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
You Again (Completed) ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें