69.

Cole's POV

I enter Rivera holding Julia's hand and a smile spreads across my face when I see the waitress, Skyler. Skyler is Luca's wife and when he asked her to give up working at the restaurant she gave him hell until he told her that she can keep working there. Whenever she's at the restaurant Luca is in the office keeping an eye on the everyday running of his restaurant. He told me a couple weeks ago that he's doing less work for his family because he needs to keep an eye on Skyler.

Skyler's father owed a lot of people money and he even sold her off to another family. Luca's done everything in his power to make sure that the other family doesn't enter his restaurant and take her from him.

I'm about to take a seat when Skyler says, "Hey Cole. Those men would like a word with you, Sir."

Four men are standing close by and I can see they're nine millimetre guns sticking out of their holsters.

A smile spreads across my face as I remember the first time I encountered these men and Luca. Walking over to them I say "Do you remember the first time we met?"

Dwayne the main security guy laughs. "Of course I do. You were such a cocky little shit. You had longer hair than you do and you always had your hand on your gun. I'm pretty sure you were trigger fingered." I laugh. "You also had your cousin and his right hand man Jai with you. Whatever happened to that guy?"

A smile spreads across my face. "He's living in Los Angeles, running a seclusive bar for the rich people of LA. Not everyone knows about the club and the ones that do pay a fortune for alcohol and entertainment at the club. He recently got married to a beautiful woman. Things worked out well for him."

He looks past me and in the direction of Julia. "It looks like you're a lucky guy too. Are there wedding bells in your future?"

I place my hand on his shoulder. "Not yet. I'm working on getting her to completely forgive me for the shit I did to her growing up. It was because of me she left home and didn't return until now. She's going through a hard time and the people she thought she could trust are the ones that are truly her enemy." Looking back at the girls I add. "The woman with my girl is supposed to be her best friend, but today she overheard a conversation about having me distracted. I have a feeling it involves her removing Julia from my side. I need Luca to use his magic and tell me everything I need to know about that girl."

A guy walks through the door and he's built like a tank with tattoos showing under the collar of his button up shirt. He looks at me. "You must be the guy that Boss hasn't stopped talking about since this morning."

I'm surprised he told his men about me. Especially, one that I haven't met before.

I look at the table where Julia's sitting with her friend. "Can you keep an eye on my girl?" He nods. "And I need someone to be on her friends at all times. If she goes to the toilet someone needs to be standing outside it. There's something going on with that girl and I can't put my finger on it."

"Will do." He tells me. He talks through a microphone relating, the message to someone. "There's a group of men out back as well. So, there's enough eyes on your girl."

"Thank you."

Dwayne leads me to a door and types a code into the keypad. Looking at it I ask. "Is that connected to the electricity?"

It better not be. If it is and something happens while we're here I won't be able to get to Julia quick enough.

He looks at me. "No, its battery operated. When the shop first opened it was and the boss got stuck inside for a couple of hours. He wasn't happy leaving Skyler in the open for other people to take." Dwayne opens the door. As soon as we step into the room its dark, except for the light shining where the stairs are. We climb the stairs and at the top is another door. Opening the door, I step into the office and see Luca sitting behind his desk. "Hey, Luca. It's been a while."
He spins his chair around and faces me. "Cole, I'm glad you came by." He points to the chair opposite him. "You should sit. We have a lot to talk about."